ACE AI Cannot Merge, Cannot Fight, Cannot do anything right (F16vF/A18) (M2000 vs me)

Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

On 12/6/2021 at 10:29 PM, Flappie said:

OK, I've just checked your tracks and something is definitely wrong. An internal bug report was created a few weeks ago regarding the AI Hornet unit. Devs are working on it.

Thanks @Flappie I did a couple of sorties against the MIG29S (ACE) yesterday, low level BFM over water, each time after merge MIG29 goes around me but crashes in the water.
I think the AI is broken unless the parameters are just right.

• 2 weeks later...

I did some tests last night, and decided to try and eliminate the human factor so i set the missions in the following manner:
1. AI F-18C VS AI F-16C;
2. AI F-18C VS AI-F-14A;
3. AI F-14A VS AI F-16C

All planes clean, set to roughly same time in burner Veteran AI level. Only let the AI fight two times for every setup. The F-16 seemed most consistent. Tried to stay around 380-390 knots in all fights. The F-14 mostly tried to stay around 250-260 knots but i two fight actually went for a high energy strategy and kept its airspeed above 420 knots, while periodically exchanging energy for position. The breaks were very sloppy though, with choppy excursions above 6g. The F-18 was the poorest show of them all. In all fights it just bled off all its energy and tried to do a sustained turning fight at 150 knots, which gave him no more then 1.5g available at most times. Only on occasion, usually when the bandit would go into a dive and the Hornet followed, would its airspeed rise to 200-ish knots and somewhat improve its turning potential. All planes seemed to prefer to be at 20 degrees AoA for the most time when engaging in a turn, which feels a bit off to me. As usual, no snapshot attempts were made, so high AoA insistence makes little sense. 

Anyways, no further reports for now.
Happy weekend and Merry Christmas to all! 

Edited by captain_dalan
  • Like 1

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

• 1 month later...
On 12/25/2021 at 1:16 AM, ataribaby said:

FYI after latest beta player AI Mi-24 wingman still refusing attack targets. As soon I was shot down as leader and wingman went autonomous he started searching and attacking targets. Seems this bug only affects AI player wingman.

My report only concerns mission editor placed units.