Un-lock the torpedo code!

Hawkeye60

Please!

Free them from the grips of our sub mods!

They are itching to deploy them,

but if any torpedo code is used, The torpedo's go missing.....

They did work for a time.

Then a up-date took them away.....sigh......

With more focus on WWII,

and they being a important piece of history,

We NEED them!

It should not be hard to fix.

Please restore our torps!

The Mod creators will thank you!

And Users as well I bet!

• Like 15

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

I 2nd that.

I have attempted multiple times to create Submarine and ship mods with Torpedoes but each time i add the torpedo code the mod doesn't appear in game.  Can you please release the code or tell us how we can use the code without using the code in the Chinese asset pack? Thanks!

• Like 7

It looks like there is a pretty good interest in submarine warfare for DCS. It would be great if they added the necessary code in the short term to allow for mods. However I would like there to be a new 3rd party that is dedicated to submarine warfare in the long term.  There are like two new developers that currently have their high fidelity sub sims in alpha like Crush Depth and Modern Navel Warfare.

It would be great if they got involved creating modules for DCS.

Edited by Evoman
update
  • Like 2

Hi All,

I would love to see a new era in DCS that would include ASW.

But I guess this requires large updates to the existing ship Mods and operations, since none of them so far are equipped with sonars.

Further, ASW is very specific, using towed array or hull sonars, dipped ones for helos, and sonar wave propagation is also very dependent on sea water characteristics.

A big challenge for ED, or any 3rd party willing to explore this eagerly awaited extension to DCS, indeed !

Fly low,

Toan

Edited by toan
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

ED, any plans to have a third party software vendor create the desired features for ships and submarines?  With the understanding there is an agreement on the price and clear objectives stated, a third party vendor with expertise in creating ASW mods/programs/ships/subs/planes could create them for us.  Clunky submarines that are hard to use is not fun.  Perhaps the battle damaging for the modern ships and WW2 ships could be improved.  Develop it, build it, sell it, and people on ED's website are very likely to build it.