Vive Pro 2 issues now not good

dburne

45 minutes ago, imacken said:

Don, I originally did an in-place upgrade from W10 and had no issues. I didn't change any settings at all.

However, I also did a clean install a couple of weeks ago when I got my new Z690 mobo and 12700K CPU, and that has been completely trouble free as well.

I'm running Home version.  Nothing in Pro that interests me.

Ok thanks much for the info.

Don B

My VKB Gunfighter MK III Pro L Review

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.2 GHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |VKB GF MK III Pro L Ultimate Grip| Virpil CM3 Throttle |Reverb G2 | Valve Index| Vive Pro 2 |

Just to update - been having another go with the Vive Pro 2. Messed around with it all day yesterday and managed to get it to where I could use it for much of the day. Seems for me at least the issue is related to Windows 11 Security Settings in Defender. I started adding some files to Defender's Exclusion List. Namely some Vive Console and Steam VR files along with the game executables.

Will see how it goes today and maybe start removing some and try to narrow it down to which one is causing the issue. I have a hunch it lies in the Vive Console software as Steam VR and these same games work perfectly fine with Index. And my games also work perfectly fine in the Reverb G2 with WMR. Currently just a band-aid for the VP2 but hopeful now that I seem to be making some progress.

And also Vive Pro 2 worked perfectly with previous Windows 10 installation.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.2 GHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |VKB GF MK III Pro L Ultimate Grip| Virpil CM3 Throttle |Reverb G2 | Valve Index| Vive Pro 2 |

Well I can get it to where it will run ok by messing around in the Defender security settings but can never seem to get it to stick permanently. Once I have it not shaking/stuttering like it does I can just leave the software running and be able to use it all day. But once I shut the software down and then launch it later it is hit or miss how it is going to do.

So while aggravating I can at least with a little effort get to where I can use it for the day. For me I just have to hope at some point Vive gets it fully compatible with Windows 11. I wonder what will come first, the Aero or a fix for this issue for me. I am guessing probably the Aero, and if it does what I hope maybe I can finally get rid of these other headsets I have.

Don B

I have never even looked at Defender settings. Good for me, not good for you, Don. That’s the way the PC world is. 

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · Acer 4K 32" XB321HK · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · TrackIR5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil WarBRD Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

47 minutes ago, imacken said:

I have never even looked at Defender settings. Good for me, not good for you, Don. That’s the way the PC world is. 

Lol yep you are right there. I have troubleshooted this thing till I am blue in the face really. At least I can now get it to where I can use it if I want, just have to put a little effort into it. If nothing else I can be persistent at times.  I hate it when the PC wins out over me.

• Like 1

Don B