Mission 1 odd issues

Played mission 1 four times due to various odd issues. My first attempt had the most serious issue imo: Saint didn't fight me, and on checking Tacview I note that not only did Aggressor Saint not spawn, it actually looked like the "replacement" Saint - that does the stuff after the 1v1 training - spawns while I am still on the carrier, resulting in 2 Saints active on the map at the same time:

doublesaint.PNG

I found a comment that probably slipped under the radar in this thread suggesting that hitting backspace (normally to hide the stick) while on the carrier causes this issue, and that appears to be right, I was able to reproduce instantly spawning "2nd Saint" by hitting backspace on the carrier on a retry. I then worked around by binding another key to hide stick, but thought this is worth reporting.

Third try Aggressor Saint somehow manages to plunge into the water appearing to result in the mission getting stuck with confused me alone in the sky, but that's probably just me being really unlucky 🙂

Fourth try things go mostly well, but I was still somehow lucky enough to trigger some more odd behavior 😛 I tried really hard throughout the 1v1 to stay above 5k while Saint conveniently dives whenever I get in the control zone (which I liked - a Saint experience for sure). We fought until I near Joker, and I tried to call knock it off and end up fumbling a bit with the F10 - resulting in me just dipping below 5k while my hands were on the keyboard. At which point both the triggers for knock it off AND violating hard deck play at the same time. Not a giant deal because the mission still moved along, but there was one more surprise: after the thing with the fake SAM launch and then RTB, en route to the carrier when we dip below 5k, the hard deck violation trigger played again and I got yelled at for altitude and then instructed to take a cut south for the next round 🙂

Had a great time nonetheless and really looking forward to the next missions!

@Jasonmoofangthanks for the report. I added notes to briefing warning against using BACKSPACE and getting too low when fighting Saint (AI being the AI will likely crash into water or go below the hard deck if player allows them to, so best to keep the fight above 10K). I also removed possible knock it off after SAM "launches". Enjoy the rest and keep me posted if you encounter any trouble!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 1 month later...

I don't want to open a new topic so I will ask here. I read some previous topics but those was discussed few updates ago.
I flew this mission several times and just cannot score 100 points. I fly the formation, beat Saint and land on the carrier but somehow I always end up with 80 points. Is there any hiden trigger? I also tried to be nice with Saint and also give him the B answers. No impact.

Talking about formation...sometimes he is satified with this formation and sometimes call his "check your formation". Has the "formation call" impact the score?
image.png
The another thing is the RTB. Maybe here I'm losing points... Beside of the superviolent moves on the way back, there is a call from Saint to tune the Prime to CH1. After a while, there is a call from Saint that he is holding hands with me but based on previous experience (No Proper Communications after the landing) I switched myself to CH4 (144.000), contacted the tower and made my own communication. I this a right way or I missing something? 

Marshaling/Commencig -  I tried to fly and stay in the formation with him but when I went low on fuel I find my way to the deck. Should I fly the marshal stack with him, or after his marshal call I can broke the formation and fly by my own navigation? Based on TacView he start to "commencing" just after I landed 

So If i can broke the formation when it's the right time? Thank you for anwers 🙂

P.S. I love how Saint grabing the W#1 all the time 😄 
image.png

P.S.2: A small detail. The altimeter is 29.88 set in the mission but 29.90 is in the briefing and the kneeboard. 

Edited by RoGaR