What is the go with this module?

shu77

I've been flying the L-39 for a while and quietly enjoying it, but Ive noticed a number of problems that have been reported but not acknowledged including the reflections and cockpit dimensions in VR and the 3D artifacts in the L-39ZA when the control column is enabled.  I watch the patches month after month and havent seen anything for the L-39, is this module abandoned or is it lower priority? in which case what is the priority for any changes to the module? 

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

1 hour ago, shu77 said:

I've been flying the L-39 for a while and quietly enjoying it, but Ive noticed a number of problems that have been reported but not acknowledged including the reflections and cockpit dimensions in VR and the 3D artifacts in the L-39ZA when the control column is enabled.  I watch the patches month after month and havent seen anything for the L-39, is this module abandoned or is it lower priority? in which case what is the priority for any changes to the module? 

Cockpit artifacts: This issue was acknowledged some time ago.

Strong reflection on the weapon sight: This issue was acknowledged some time ago.

Srong reflection on the canopy: There is no track and no screenshot in the dedicated thread. Tracks and screenshots entice testers to take a look, especially when they're dealing with a graphics related issue. If you want it fixed, please give us something to chew on.

Cockpit dimensions in VR: Sorry I don't have a VR gear, I cannot help on the subject.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Thanks @zmz125000. Here's a video showing L-39 reflections IRL. We can see the canopy can be a real mirror sometimes. But I understand it's bothering ingame, especially for VR users.

The Su-25T reflections were toned down not so long ago. I'll try to weigh in for the L-39.

@MorpheusThat's the cockpit artifacts I was talking about. And yes, as I said, it was reported a while ago.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Flappie said:

Thanks @zmz125000. Here's a video showing L-39 reflections IRL. We can see the canopy can be a real mirror sometimes. But I understand it's bothering ingame, especially for VR users.

The Su-25T reflections were toned down not so long ago. I'll try to weigh in for the L-39.

@MorpheusThat's the cockpit artifacts I was talking about. And yes, as I said, it was reported a while ago.

I know but ten months to solve this ....... 🤨

• Thanks 1

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

On 10/31/2021 at 1:32 PM, Zeagle said:

Reflections are a fact of life under a curved canopy.  Ask any aviation photographer and they will tell you reflections are a real issue. I personally don't think they are a problem at all in sim. 

Problem is, in real life, you can look "through" the reflections by focussing at distance. You can't do that in game. Also the reflectons are not dynamic, but static which can look appropriate in certain conditions but waaaaay off in others!

• Like 4

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

• 3 weeks later...

I cannot reproduce the rear-view mirror issue with current open beta. Can you? If so, please attach your options.lua file.

The cockpit instruments lighting is broken though, but that's a different issue which was reported earlier.

L39.jpg

I just reported the GDR skin issue. Thanks for the heads up.

I believe the L-39 is also in dire need of a graphical pass. Since PBR has been introduced to the rendering engine I don't think the cockpit textures have been revisited and it lacks proper PBR layers/materials (roughness/metal).
It once had relief and specular/shininess effects on every surfaces and it's been one of the first aircraft to display fake (dynamic and subtle) glass reflections on the instruments. Everything has been disabled since unfortunately and I would assume that it's been very low on the list since it's not a money-maker.

Maybe it's at least possible to mod the materials/rendering and improve some aspects. It would just be a mod though.

Edited by Bourrinopathe

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

On 11/21/2021 at 9:10 PM, Flappie said:

I cannot reproduce the rear-view mirror issue with current open beta. Can you? If so, please attach your options.lua file.

The cockpit instruments lighting is broken though, but that's a different issue which was reported earlier.

L39.jpg

I just reported the GDR skin issue. Thanks for the heads up.

To see the mirror issue, just press M on your keyboard and it will reproduce