Meet the KA-52K

Mr_Blastman

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/28/2021 at 6:45 PM, Rongor said:

Thanks for the vid.

Now I am struggling to keep interest in BS3...

Yeah, once Apache comes out, I'm thinking a lot of heli pilots are going to dump the Shark.  It's too old.

We need Ka-52.  This guy just gave us the grand tour of the aircraft, and told us all it can do.  What is so secret about it?  Why can't it be modeled?  Many other games, including war thunder, have modeled it.  Not a word said.

Personally, I think I'll be going with Apache when it comes out.  Ka-50 will be no match against it.  We need a Ka-52 to take it on.

Edited by 3WA

The Ka-50 doesn't have to be a match. As these are helos, they are not exactly meant to go at each other. It's not like nobody will fly the Hind or any other helo anymore when the Apache comes out.

We don't 'need' a Ka-52 to counter the Apache.

It would be big fun to have a multicrew Ka-50 with IR/E/O. The Apache doesn't matter. Certainly, people will focus on the Apache some time. Yet whoever likes the Blackshark will still continue to fly it and stay interested in a dual seated Ka-50

Edited by Rongor

I mean many probably will. I'm sure there are a significant portion of people who fly the Shark currently because it's the the only somewhat modern attack heli in the game, rather than specifically wanting to fly it, but eh, doesn't really matter. The Ka-50 has its fans, and for someone who doesn't like working with an AI helper and focuses on SP (or doesn't have anyone to team up with) it'll still be the only real option even after the Apache comes.

I doubt it's really a question of "it's too old", there are plenty of people who'd want to have an original AH-1G HueyCobra, and the Ka-50 is a spaceship compared to that...

A Ka-52 would be stonks though, even if personally I'm rooting more for an Mi-28 before it... 😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1