ILS Director lateral offset at some airports

Deano87
Go to solution Solved by Frederf,

Hey All,

I've been practicing some bad weather/night ILS approaches in the F-16 at various places. I decided to try Creech AFB and I noticed something weird with the ILS flight director dot for the runway 08 ILS.

If I follow the director dot I end up well off the right hand side of the ILS Localiser, with the needles giving me a "fly left" indication.
If I follow the needles they line up correctly with the Localiser and during the whole ILS approach the director dot is telling me to fly right.

I tried an ILS at Tonopah Test Range Airport and the director was behaving correctly. So unsure if its an aircraft issue or scenery issue.

I can't check this with any other aircraft as no other aircraft in sim has a ILS director dot as far as I know?

Flown on latest Open Beta no F-16 or NTTR related Mods.
Track included for both following the needles and following the director.

Cheers
D

F-16 Director Issue.png

F-16 Creech ILS Follow Director.trk F-16 Creech ILS Follow Needles.trk F-16 ILS issue.miz

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

• Solution

There are two course settings for ILS, the HSI one and the DED one, and they're fully independent. For some reason in DCS they are acting semi-connected. Anyway, you've set course 091°. It's more like 079°. You can't trust the ruler or the ME label as those are in true/ruler direction and not magnetic.

Ooof, You're Right.

LMoS6UP.jpeg

What a moron I am lol. 🤣

Must remember not to report bugs when I'm tired hehe.

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.