Kewl! We got CV-59 Forrestal Class CV

DmitriKozlowsky

Awesome we got Forrestal class CV (no N) its fuel oil powered boiler powerplant. It is a Fleet Carrier, not a smaller CVA like Oriskany. Its great. Curious why we got it. Are there Vietnam era types coming. Like DCS: A-4E (not Community), or F-4D/E/J. A-7. A-6E. I j haven't been following roadmap. But its great to see these Vietnam and Late Cold War naval units. 

• Like 1

I think F-14, I think Nimitz. I think 1983 Gulf Of Sidra Line Of Death drawn by MAQ. I think 1986 , A-6E from CVNs striking Hezbollah in Lebannon. F/A-18C's striking Lybia assisting F-111Fs in 1986. I think Nimitz, Ike, CVNs doing their thing in Desert Shield/Desert Storm. I think Forrestal, I think Vietnam, I think East Timor crisis, 1968 Pueblo incident with North Korea. Forrestal is F-4J, A-6B, A-4, A-7, SH-3. Yes I am aware of U.S.S. Ranger, Saratoga, playing role in later Cold War, Gulf War 1, then decommisioned.

Well I can adjust my thinking,.

• Like 2

A-6, A-7 and F-8 all in development.  Possibly F-4 too...

• Like 2

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

• 2 weeks later...

well its the smallest oldest carrier that could accommodate F 14s and significantly different to the Nimitz class to warrant its own ship class i CDS I guess.

And it was promised.. LOL. I bet that now, going the other way (EF 2000 et all), does not make that much sense..

But Oh I Wish HB would return to the 70s idea with a nice A-6A, maybe a Phantom or two... Maybe the Scooter family...

• Like 1

On 11/4/2021 at 11:39 PM, Baco said:

well its the smallest oldest carrier that could accommodate F 14s and significantly different to the Nimitz class to warrant its own ship class i CDS I guess.

And it was promised.. LOL. I bet that now, going the other way (EF 2000 et all), does not make that much sense..

But Oh I Wish HB would return to the 70s idea with a nice A-6A, maybe a Phantom or two... Maybe the Scooter family...

They will return. EF is just a spinoff, they did not choose it or have the data to make it, they are just assisting DCS-inexperienced TrueGrit company with EF pilot on board.

6 minutes ago, bies said:

They will return. EF is just a spinoff, they did not choose it or have the data to make it, they are just assisting DCS-inexperienced TrueGrit company with EF pilot on board.

I truly hope so... I will Light a candle to that. 

In case it's not clear (and because it wasn't specifically mentioned in this thread) Eagle Dynamics didn't make the Forrestal...  Heatblur did.  The same folks that made the F-14.  Heatblur promised the Carrier as well.  Not ED.

I'm not trying to put too fine a point on it :)....  Just trying to make sure the separation of 3rd party devs and ED is well defined.  I see too many peeps confusing the lines between third party developers and ED.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

On 11/12/2021 at 10:38 AM, M1Combat said:

I'm not trying to put too fine a point on it :)....  Just trying to make sure the separation of 3rd party devs and ED is well defined.  I see too many peeps confusing the lines between third party developers and ED.

I suppose then that we will never see deck crews since that is an ED product.

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

2 hours ago, rayrayblues said:

I suppose then that we will never see deck crews since that is an ED product.

Well...  I don't think that's a safe assumption.  That said...  I think the way it would likely happen is that HB add deck crews to Forestal...  But you only see them if you own SuperCarrier???

If you want Deck Crews...  buy the super carrier.  ED can't survive without paying the bills.  Providing free content doesn't pay the bills.

for the record...  I wouldn't like that exactly.  I think the carriers SHOULD be free, but there should be a "DCS: DeckCrew" DLC that all 3rd party devs could make available (assuming you own "DeckCrew") on their carriers...  But so far ED doesn't quite seem to understand how the customer sees these things.  I think they've done it about as good as can be aside from the DCS: DeckCrew idea...  but they chose a different way.  It's all good.  Just means "most" MP servers don't run supercarriers.

Edited by M1Combat

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

1 hour ago, M1Combat said:

If you want Deck Crews...  buy the super carrier. 

I've had SC since pre-order. I just don't see HB and ED coming together like that.

I do agree that all Carriers should be free and the deck crew should be a separate DLC.

Other than the deck crew and comms, I don't see much difference between the SC and Vanilla modules except for some cosmetics. (looking at you, Adm. Kuz.)

However, like you said, ED doesn't see things the way we do. Neither does any other game I've seen.

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU