Hornet Controllability without Wings

Cookie.

During testing of the new G overload failure of the Hornets wings I encountered some scenarios in which both wings would fail at the roots. Out of curiosity I decided to test the flight dynamics without wings and was very surprised to see how well the plane flew. While I understand the body is able to create lift it seems that even at lower speeds the aircraft is still very controllable. Details can be see much better in the attached track. While not very scientific and without any hard data my hypothesis is that this is not modeled as intended.

Video of Test Flight

Attached is the mission, track, and tacview (for those who are curious).

F18 Wingless Flight Dynamics Test.trk F18 Wingless Flight Dynamics Test.miz Tacview-20211023-103008-DCS.zip.acmi

Edited by Cookie.
  • Like 1

• ED Team

I do already have a report in for this, I will add your observations to my report

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2