Jump to content

Rhino instead of S3


Devastator
 Share

Recommended Posts

They probably won't replace an existing aircraft with a completely different one as it will break existing missions.

Besides, the S-3 is more suitable for the timeframe of HB's Forrestal (1990s), which predates the Superhornet's introduction by almost a decade. That said, the S-3 was also still in service for the timeframe of the Hornet and Nimitz-Roosevelt-class carriers as part of the Supercarrier module, so the S-3B is appropriate for both, but the Superhornet is only suitable for the latter.

So personally, I'd rather the S-3B stay as it can cover both, whereas the Superhornet only covers the latter.


Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 8

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV-2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, CA, NS430, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/bG9bBc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did seven cruises in the USN from 77 to 97, on three different carriers. Any of the aircraft that could carry a Buddystore drop tank could function as a refueling platform. So the A-7, S-3, and the A-6 would perform that function with no problem. So modeling a Buddystore refueling tank is something DCS should be looking at for Carrier ops. KA-6's were what we saw the most during that time.

Hoss

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sempre Fortis

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, 352nd_Hoss said:

I did seven cruises in the USN from 77 to 97, on three different carriers. Any of the aircraft that could carry a Buddystore drop tank could function as a refueling platform. So the A-7, S-3, and the A-6 would perform that function with no problem. So modeling a Buddystore refueling tank is something DCS should be looking at for Carrier ops. KA-6's were what we saw the most during that time.

Hoss

HB is supposed to be working on an AI A-6, so hopefully we will see a KA-6 soon as well.  Anything to replace the low poly S3 and Seahawk models we’re stuck with.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

HB is supposed to be working on an AI A-6, so hopefully we will see a KA-6 soon as well.  Anything to replace the low poly S3 and Seahawk models we’re stuck with.  
ED has working on new S-3 AI and has plans to remade the SH-60 and other low polígonos IAs.

Enviado desde mi RNE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

  • Thanks 2

More news to the front

Wishlist: ED / 3rd Party Campaings

My Rig: Intel I-5 750 2.67Ghz / Packard Bell FMP55 / 16 GB DDR3 RAM / GTX-1080 8 GB RAM / HD 1Tb/2Tb / Warthog / 2 MDF / TFPR

 

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893

DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4076891#post4076891

21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/

Silver_Dragon Youtube

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

ED has working on new S-3 AI and has plans to remade the SH-60 and other low polígonos IAs.

Which, based on what we've seen so far it appears to be that this will come about early-mid next year at the current rate. Modeling the new AI planes to the same level as the module planes isn't an easy task as there are a lot of details that have to be added that just didn't exist in the previous renditions. Add to that the propensity for ED to add different versions at the same time (at least for the Ground Units), and I think what we'll see is the new models getting more variations to give those of us making missions a bit more to work with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, 352nd_Hoss said:

So modeling a Buddystore refueling tank is something DCS should be looking at for Carrier ops.

Yeah, that's one thing I wondered about, I'm not sure buddystores are actually implemented, but they're going to have to be for the A-6 and Mirage F1.

The reason I think that is because we have a dedicated S-3B tanker, but all it is is a copied and pasted S-3B with a fuel tank and buddystore, it should just be a loadout option of the regular S-3B.

13 hours ago, 352nd_Hoss said:

KA-6's were what we saw the most during that time.

HB are working on one, so that's good.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV-2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, CA, NS430, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/bG9bBc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

Yeah, that's one thing I wondered about, I'm not sure buddystores are actually implemented..

No AFAIK buddy-refuelling packs as such don't currently exist in the sim - rather a case of separate aircraft entries assigned refuelling attribute/connection points.

4 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

..but they're going to have to be for the A-6 and Mirage F1.

Ideally, but not necessarily - i.e. only if this is intended as a player option. I mean you could have said the same about the Su-33... and for this there isn't even a separate AI tanker entry :)

4 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

The reason I think that is because we have a dedicated S-3B tanker, but all it is is a copied and pasted S-3B with a fuel tank and buddystore..

Exactly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/24/2021 at 3:34 PM, Seaeagle said:

No AFAIK buddy-refuelling packs as such don't currently exist in the sim - rather a case of separate aircraft entries assigned refuelling attribute/connection points.

Thought so.

On 10/24/2021 at 3:34 PM, Seaeagle said:

Ideally, but not necessarily - i.e. only if this is intended as a player option. I mean you could have said the same about the Su-33... and for this there isn't even a separate AI tanker entry 🙂

Blashemy! I won't allow the AI to do all the tanker trolling! I simply won't have this!


Edited by Northstar98
didn't feel like there was enough emotion
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV-2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, CA, NS430, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/bG9bBc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Northstar98 said:

Thought so.

Blashemy! I won't allow the AI to do all the tanker trolling, I simply won't have this.

Lol well I fully agree that it would be cool to expand the experience with a player tanker-task when applicaple. I am just saying that so far no one seems to have found it interesting enough to implement and as long as it remains an AI-only feature, it doesn't matter much whether the refuelling packs are assigned via the payload editor or by selecting a mirror entry with them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If they implemented he Buddy Store tank, you could also put it on a F/A-18, they did it too when needed.  If built when the A-7, A-6 come out you could have it as a load out and go along and be the refueling guy on a mission.  Call him, have him come to you if you are beyond Bingo............................. 

Hoss

  • Like 1

Sempre Fortis

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...