New Weather Panel is Awesome!

Rex

I really like the new weather panel! As a weather buff, I liked experimenting with the weather, and now we can do it from directly within the ME!

Very cool! 👍

• Like 2

Rex's Rig

Intel i9-14900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 | 64GB DDR5 | 3x4TB 990 Pro M2 SSDs | HP Reverb 2 | 49" Samsung 5120x1440 @ 120Mhz

TM Warthog Stick + Throttle | TM Pendulum Pedals | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR |  Cougar MFD x 2 

On 10/23/2021 at 6:32 AM, twistking said:

there is a new weather panel? what can you do with it? i'm on stable branch still and did not see any news about a new weather panel....

In addition to the aforementioned sun/moon, which helps when trying to get the time and brightness correct, you can also put the storm systems exactly where you want them instead of relying on the randomness of the generator.  I think it's pretty cool.

new_weather_panel.png

Edited by Rex
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rex's Rig

Intel i9-14900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 | 64GB DDR5 | 3x4TB 990 Pro M2 SSDs | HP Reverb 2 | 49" Samsung 5120x1440 @ 120Mhz

TM Warthog Stick + Throttle | TM Pendulum Pedals | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR |  Cougar MFD x 2 

On 11/1/2021 at 12:04 PM, joey45 said:

It's only there IF the mission already has Dynamic Weather as the DW tab is missing..

I always create my missions from a base template in each region, but I just tried to create from scratch, and you're right.  Interesting.  Does anyone know why it's like that?

Rex's Rig

16 hours ago, Rex said:

I always create my missions from a base template in each region, but I just tried to create from scratch, and you're right.  Interesting.  Does anyone know why it's like that?

i think it's obviously the fact that dynamic weather is not yet released officially. i doubt that it works properly.

Looks pretty complicated to me. Can someone please make a tutorial. All those numbers make me dizzy.

• Like 1

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

This is the old dynamic weather tab. Was there a couple of patches ago. If you have an old mission with dynamic weather inside you will see it if you open now in the editor.

If you want to create a new mission with dynamic tab you have to edit the mission file with an editor. Or you wait until the new dynamic weather is released. 

20 hours ago, buur said:

This is the old dynamic weather tab. Was there a couple of patches ago. If you have an old mission with dynamic weather inside you will see it if you open now in the editor.

If you want to create a new mission with dynamic tab you have to edit the mission file with an editor. Or you wait until the new dynamic weather is released. 

Okay, how do I change wind speed and direction? Where are the new cloud settings? How do I change those? How can I go back to the old static weather?

Like I said earlier, somebody needs to make a tutorial and soon. I have older missions that I want to change and all those numbers and settings are Greek to me.

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

5 minutes ago, rayrayblues said:

Okay, how do I change wind speed and direction? Where are the new cloud settings? How do I change those? How can I go back to the old static weather?

Like I said earlier, somebody needs to make a tutorial and soon. I have older missions that I want to change and all those numbers and settings are Greek to me.

Like this
Dynamic Weather Templates and Guide (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

4 hours ago, joey45 said:

OMG Dude, this is awesome. I read just a small part of this and it's starting to make sense.  SRsfa58.gif

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/3/2021 at 7:44 AM, twistking said:

i think it's obviously the fact that dynamic weather is not yet released officially. i doubt that it works properly.

Hmmm. Well, I created a mission some months back where I created a very strong cyclone on the western end of the map, put static vehicles at certain intervals in Georgia from East to West, then cranked the time compression forward.  I sat and watched as the weather went from completely calm, to increasingly windy, to full-blown stormy, to decreasing winds, to calm again ... in one spot, with the previous and subsquent locations being better/worse off as you'd expect.  Dynamic weather worked brilliantly, and was quite realistic, IMHO.At least for the scenario I created. I was quite impressed. 

I didn't realize it was not officially supposed to work, but it sure seems to.  Give it a try and see if you find the same.  You may be pleasantly surprised.

Edited by Rex

Rex's Rig

On 11/3/2021 at 3:01 PM, buur said:

Interesting, I had no idea.  Well, it's new to me I guess.

Thanks!

Rex's Rig

6 hours ago, Rex said:

Hmmm. Well, I created a mission some months back where I created a very strong cyclone on the western end of the map, put static vehicles at certain intervals in Georgia from East to West, then cranked the time compression forward.  I sat and watched as the weather went from completely calm, to increasingly windy, to full-blown stormy, to decreasing winds, to calm again ... in one spot, with the previous and subsquent locations being better/worse off as you'd expect.  Dynamic weather worked brilliantly, and was quite realistic, IMHO.At least for the scenario I created. I was quite impressed. 

I didn't realize it was not officially supposed to work, but it sure seems to.  Give it a try and see if you find the same.  You may be pleasantly surprised.

But did it work with the new (!) clouds? Did the clouds change accordingly? Otherwise you've just witnessed the "old" dynamic weather that's in dcs for many, many years...

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2021 at 11:36 AM, joey45 said:

Just downloaded this as well.  Awesome! Thank you.

Rex's Rig