Halloween sale not on steam?

skypickle

17 minutes ago, skypickle said:

Is that intentional?

On Steam the Halloween sale starts on the 29th (most likely)

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

This is how they do things, so get used to it.  They used steam for the outreach but then punish steam players because of the revenue loss.  They usually say there is a "technical difficulty" and get if fixed in a few days... apparently they are the only company that suffers from such problems.

Normally some guy will read your post and respond with something like "you should get off steam anyways because..."

Sigh

Edited by redcoat22
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, redcoat22 said:

but then punish steam players because of the revenue loss

I find this phrase quite offensive towards ED 🙄

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

1 hour ago, redcoat22 said:

This is how they do things, so get used to it.  They used steam for the outreach but then punish steam players because of the revenue loss.  They usually say there is a "technical difficulty" and get if fixed in a few days... apparently they are the only company that suffers from such problems.

Every player can transfer from Steam to the DCS Standalone version easily. If you have a problem with DCS via Steam, just transfer.

• Like 1

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

8 minutes ago, redcoat22 said:

"ED rewards steam players by giving the a more exclusive and shorter period of discounted products."

Hope you enjoyed trolling me ...  I will add you to the ignore list, to have a nicer time at this Forum.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AstonMartinDBS said:

Every player can transfer from Steam to the DCS Standalone version easily. If you have a problem with DCS via Steam, just transfer.

You two heroes obviously missed this:

"so get used to it"

I was letting the OP know what to expect.  Lets wait two months and see if I am wrong with his steam expectations.

Edited by redcoat22

I think Steam offers a useful service for ED. While Steam does take it's slice of the pie from the seller, and perhaps has shorter sales periods for the buyer, it offers me enough convenience so that I will keep buying DCS modules. 

Still not sure why I started DCS with Steam, but I did, and here we are years later.

• Like 2

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

9 hours ago, AstonMartinDBS said:

Exactly !......Personally I can't see any sense other than having DCS from DCS.......so why go through Steam ?....you have to wait for everything....so why not delete the Steam version and simply download the DCS version?

No brainer really......

• Like 1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

3 hours ago, Basco1 said:

Exactly !......Personally I can't see any sense other than having DCS from DCS.......so why go through Steam ?....you have to wait for everything....so why not delete the Steam version and simply download the DCS version?

No brainer really......

Steam is convenient. I'm not saying it's better than buying through DCS, but it is convenient for some people. And convenience is an excellent way to get people to part with their money.

• Like 2

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

You also accumulate "miles' by buying modules off of DCS website instead of steam. Basically you get 10% of any purchase towards your next purchase. Buy an $80 module? Now you have $8 towards your next one. And steam modules can be transferred to your DCS account, but not the other way around. This way, if there is a steam sale but no ED sale , you still win. And if there is and ED sale and no steam sale, you still win.

Something to think about.

• Like 2

On 10/24/2021 at 9:57 AM, Basco1 said:

Exactly !......Personally I can't see any sense other than having DCS from DCS.......so why go through Steam ?

Well, there are different reasons for different people. For some it's price, others convenience, for many it's a trust issue (they trust Steam). Myself, I like having just one game manager (Steam, I baselined on Steam and removed and deleted all game managers from Rockstar, EA/Epic, Ubisoft, GoG, Origin and every other friggin game merchant who thinks they should muck up my PC).  

And I know it's a bit strange, but Steam provides me with a service I really like: Steam Remote. Since I do a lot of mission editing, I can use that to edit and test (lua-proofing mostly) my code on the road on a device that won't ever be able to run DCS (iPad). So there are good reasons to use Steam. To make it up to ED, I purchase modules as gifts for my friends (and since the Steam Halloween sale is about to start, my wallet is hiding again) 🙂

• Like 1

On 10/24/2021 at 10:57 AM, Basco1 said:

No brainer really......

You can transfer modules from Steam to standalone, not otherwise. So when you buy from steam you get both. Steam gives you (source DCS)
- Auto-Update without launching the game (as long as steam is open)
- Faster Download/Update Speed
- Steam In-Game Overlay
- Steam Friend List Notifications
- Quick Repair

And you can change install folder easily on steam. Standalone gives you 14 days trials and -50% for new customers. 

I took steam because it has sales when standalone not after free-to-play period ended. I have lot of other games in steam also,

Specs: Ryzen 5800X3D, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 3080, Quest 2, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals

Since I am a DCSer, I never witnessed a steam sale, that was not accompanied by a DCS-Standalone-Sale. Contrary, most of the times the DCS-sales are longer/earlier.

I'm a heavy steam user with a huge backlog of games and I started with DCS on steam. But I chose to transfer all to DCS standalone because, I want as much money as possible to reach their pockets and I think that it has only benefits.

**** Steam! 🤗

Oh, btw - Steam Sale starts today!

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

• ED Team
On 10/23/2021 at 9:10 PM, redcoat22 said:

Normally some guy will read your post and respond with something like "you should get off steam anyways because..."

Sigh

Sorry but you are talking nonsense,

We participate in every steam sale, we just can not announce them, only steam can. 

Our Eshop has longer sales because we control it not steam. 

If you wish to use steam, great, it is a good platform for gamers, has faster download speeds for some and more payment options. 

• Like 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

5分钟前,BIGNEWY说:

Sorry but you are talking nonsense,

We participate in every steam sale, we just can not announce them, only steam can. 

Our Eshop has longer sales because we control it not steam. 

If you wish to use steam, great, it is a good platform for gamers, has faster download speeds for some and more payment options. 

Sorry but the steam Halloween sale has already started, while the price seems to be unchanged.

Human allowed, demon allowed, Deka never allowed.

Distort allowed, provoke allowed, fight back never allowed.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Torbernite:

Sorry but the steam Halloween sale has already started, while the price seems to be unchanged.

Noticed that too, I hope they are just a little bit late. I want to buy a map and a new module in the sale 🙂

4 minutes ago, Torbernite said:

this is not uncommon for steam. I have several games on my wishlist that now show up under "halloween specials" but still with full price.
Give the shop an hour or so.

But strangely, none of the DCS modules from my wishlist show up ... so lets wait and see

Edited by Eugel

• ED Team
3 minutes ago, Torbernite said:

It can take steam a few hours to update the prices sometimes

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1分钟前,Hiob说:

Sales, updates, fixes….

People have zero patience these days… 🥲

Yes I have 2 aircraft on my list and can't wait. Alright I'll go sleep now, time difference makes it so painful.🤣

Human allowed, demon allowed, Deka never allowed.

Distort allowed, provoke allowed, fight back never allowed.