Question about the RI-65 and fire

I've been having this question for a while, why the RI-65 tells you "1" after a fire?

In this trk, I have a transmission fire, and it says, "board" and "1" (two times) and "fire in the main transmission compartiment", then, the same sequence repeats, while the Mi8 is desintegrating mid-air. I get the transmission fire meaning, but I don't know what "board" and "1" means, any help?

Also, why it appears to be impossible to extinguish the transmission fire? It instantly appear and in matter of 2 secons you are a fire ball going into the ground.

@AlphaOneSix I know you know a lot of things of the Mi-8 (You fly the Mi-17, but I guess they are almost the same), could you help me with this two questions?

Numbers issue for AlphaOneSix.trk

Bort/Board 11 is you're aircraft identification/tail number, like Kang said. It's set in the mission editor.

As far as why the fire doesn't go out, I am not sure. You could try immediately pressing the alternate discharge button for the gearbox compartment to use the second bottle to try to put out the fire and see if that helps. I'm not sure about the logic in DCS regarding fires and how fast they decide you need to explode.

59 minutes ago, Kang said:

Have you tried setting your plane tail # to something else in the ME? I'm fairly sure it tells you the aircraft number.

40 minutes ago, AlphaOneSix said:

Bort/Board 11 is you're aircraft identification/tail number, like Kang said. It's set in the mission editor.

Thanks!!! That was it! Never thought of that, thanks for the answer!

41 minutes ago, AlphaOneSix said:

A far as why the fire doesn't go out, I am not sure. You could try immediately pressing the alternate discharge button for the gearbox compartment to use the second bottle to try to put out the fire and see if that helps. I'm not sure about the logic in DCS regarding fires and how fast they decide you need to explode.

I've been further testing, and the issue is not the transmission fire, in case of a transmission fire it gets extinguished by the FPE. But, if you have a oil leak on the transmission, then you get the "fireball" that I was speaking about. Since oil is flamable (I think) I guess it cannot be extinguished by the extinguisher bottle/s

Coming to think of it, does anybody know why the Bort # is part of that announcement?

I mean, the system has no way of relaying such information from any other craft and the way it is set up it seems a bit like announcing the number just wastes precious seconds.

• Like 1