Constant Peg - Another brilliant campaign!

I had the honor to play this campaign before its release and I just wanted to encourage people to try it. I whole heartedly recommend it.

The entire Constant Peg story is fascinating, the secret test flights, and exposures, it would be a great book, or documentary. But thanks to Bunyap, the documentary came to life and you can live through the events! I understand that he cooperated with actual pilots who were part of Constant Peg, so all the procedures and everything has been recreated just like it was in real life down to the smallest details.

Bunyap built these missions as separate parts, so you can skip or replay each part as you wish. Nothing is mandatory. It may tempt some players to just skip through stuff but I encourage you guys to make the most of it, savor every part. 

The documentation is exquisite, top notch, just like in his other campaigns. Take your time to read it, the whole back story, the briefings, study the procedures before taking off. Look at it like an interactive learning experience, not like a bunch of 'quick flight' missions. Act like you are one of the best test pilots who was entrusted with this program, and fly accordingly. That's how you can maximize your fun.

All in all, it's amazing, I learned a lot, go get it and see for yourself. Thanks a lot Bunyap for investing the time and energy into this.

Screen_210810_133856.png

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

I've just finished the campaign and I must say I do like it a lot.

While it may lack the excitement that a story driven campaign can provide, it was really interesting to learn about the Constant Peg program. The missions are characterized by a level of professionalism (partially also thanks to the wonderful documentation) that makes you feel like a true professional (wishful thinking on my part 😉 ) among other professionals. The ATC chatter only enforces that vibe (speaking of which, really nice job done by Wags. He should be employed more often in this role by other campaign makers as well! But the rest of the voice-overs are also pretty good.😃).   

I think this campaign makes for a very nice training tool for any aspiring Mig-21 pilot. In this regard, the F10 reloading option comes in very handy, although it takes some of the mission flow away.

All in all, a very good campaign that does justice to a very good DCS module. 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I liked this company from the first mission. There you are introduced to a place about which you knew nothing. Then there are combat options that can be used. My friend, an old pilot from the USSR on the Mig-21, told me that they used different landing options in Vietnam. Perhaps I understood correctly, although I use a translator, it's done here! Respect guys!

GreyCat_SPb