Need southern Arizona and BMGR maps

ASAP

Like the title says, they should make a map for southern Arizona similar. Similar to the Nellis Test and Training Range, the Barry M Goldwater Range Complex (BMGR) is where the Air force does a lot of intro training for the F-16, A-10C and F-35 pilots. It would be awesome to get to fly the Hawg and learn how to use it where the pros do. It also has a number of conventional ranges and tactical ranges that people could use. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm tired of going to that X shaped closed runway in Georgia to practice diving deliveries.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

NTTR should be expanded to at least Miramar and San Clemente Island and have Fallon and AZ inside it. 

Our a larger replacement map that had all of that.  Kinda like Normandy and the Channel.

• Like 1

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2021 at 9:16 AM, Uxi said:

NTTR should be expanded to at least Miramar and San Clemente Island and have Fallon and AZ inside it. 

Our a larger replacement map that had all of that.  Kinda like Normandy and the Channel.

I would also add fort Irwin call the map- the south west and offer NTTR owners a discount and eventually kill off the NTTR at some point. 

Edited by upyr1

On 11/5/2021 at 8:16 AM, Uxi said:

The downside:  Miramar and AZ in the same map is way WAY too big for DCS to handle. Today or the near future.

The upside: ED has plans to model the entire world globe, eventually.  So presumably we all could fly from AZ to Miramar, to Singapore, then on to Jordan!

Now, this is not happening in 2022, but rather the basic framework and early testing stage, with implementation to stable release probably being several years away or more. But at least there's a plan, and they are comfortable enough giving us a tiny idea that they are starting to try and do that.

For more info check this thread:

Edited by Rick50

15 minutes ago, Rick50 said:

The downside:  Miramar and AZ in the same map is way WAY too big for DCS to handle. Today or the near future.

if it is too big for DCS to handle then related maps that load by pressing an arrow would work 

16 minutes ago, Rick50 said:

The upside: ED has plans to model the entire world globe, eventually.  So presumably we all could fly from AZ to Miramar, to Singapore, then on to Jordan!

Now, this is not happening in 2022, but rather the basic framework and early testing stage, with implementation to stable release probably being several years away or more. But at least there's a plan, and they are comfortable enough giving us a tiny idea that they are starting to try and do that.

I hope they use some tech that renders individual maps obsolete 

19 hours ago, upyr1 said:

if it is too big for DCS to handle then related maps that load by pressing an arrow would work 

I hope they use some tech that renders individual maps obsolete 

The arrow deal could be a great solution for now, it's just that most maps are not beside each other. But the Syria map is located just below the Caucasus map, with maybe just a couple hundred KM's not represeted, so those might be an early candidate. Not sure about the Channel maps and Normandy...

I think the global map plan is to move away from individual maps, maybe. I'm not sure, and ED may not have a final decision on that either. But I suspect we'd all be happy with the long term stable release, once available.