FPS Lost after DCS 2.7.7.14727 patch

Miro

Ive recently heard that staring at the winter solstace from inside a goats arse will recover the the lost fps and gain you 30 more. 

What is so hard about sticking to the subject of the original thread and providing ED with the files and logs they requesed?

• Like 1

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

I've rolled back stable to 2.7.6. and the framesrates are back to "normal".
Nvidia driver update did not make any differens.

@BIGNEWY I can offer you to make specific tests, or try different configurations. It's very reliable reproducable and I have both, Stable 2.7.6 and Beta 2.7.7 installed ATM.

• Like 1

Windows 11 Pro 64Bit - AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - AMD 6900 XT - 64 GB RAM

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Base, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip

@BIGNEWY I have created fps comparison video that you can see the fps drop in last patches. I hope it help you to find the problem with low frame rate. On picture you can see the video settings that i have used in both tests. Sorry that video setting on Russian language, i dont know how to switch in to English.

2.7 fps drop settings.png

Ka-50 fps drop.trk dcs.log DxDiag.txt

Edited by Песочек
Insert video
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

GTX 1070, i5-8600 3.10GHz, 32GB RAM, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB

33 minutes ago, Песочек said:

@BIGNEWY I have created fps comparison video that you can see the fps drop in last patches. I hope it help you to find the problem with low frame rate. On picture you can see the video settings that i have used in both tests.

Just watched this, very good effort 👍 but it seems your framerates are capped, they jump from 60 to 30 and back. The difference between stable 2.7.6 and OB 2.7.7 is exactly 30 FPS which proves my point.
Best is to let the FPS loose (no VSync, no FPS limiter) if you make a comparison and use MSI Afterburner or another overlay where you can easily change color and fontsize instead of the onboard FPS counter (which is enough but is very small and therefore difficult to read).

I would make one myself but i don't have the knowledge to make one and lack the time to do so.

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

36 minutes ago, Песочек said:

@BIGNEWY I have created fps comparison video that you can see the fps drop in last patches. I hope it help you to find the problem with low frame rate. On picture you can see the video settings that i have used in both tests. Sorry that video setting on Russian language, i dont know how to switch in to English.

Ka-50 fps drop.trk 55.55 kB · 1 download dcs.log 43.54 kB · 1 download DxDiag.txt 113.21 kB · 1 download

You activated Vertical Sync. That means that before patch you were somewhere over 60 FPS, which is then capped to 60. After the back you are below, and then it's capped to 30. Thats of course extreme situation. It confirms the drop, but not the real quantity

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Limaro said:

I've rolled back stable to 2.7.6. and the framesrates are back to "normal".
Nvidia driver update did not make any differens.

@BIGNEWY I can offer you to make specific tests, or try different configurations. It's very reliable reproducable and I have both, Stable 2.7.6 and Beta 2.7.7 installed ATM.

@BIGNEWYsame here 

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

• ED Team
1 hour ago, Песочек said:

2.7 fps drop settings.png

Ka-50 fps drop.trk 55.55 kB · 2 downloads dcs.log 43.54 kB · 3 downloads DxDiag.txt 113.21 kB · 3 downloads

It does look strange, but again I am unable to reproduce. Are you capping your frames as suggested by Limaro? do you have it vsync'd or something in nvdia control panel or autoexec.cfg in your saved games?

Same track played back on my system with high settings well over 100 fps

fps track ka50.png

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

18 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Could there be any difference in fps stability if you run at your high settings vs. running at the settings from the track file ?

To clarify, it seems like there is no fps loss on your system with high settings between 2.7.6 and 2.7.7
Is the same true with the settings of the person who submitted the track file?

Edited by Dzsekeb

13 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

ISame track played back on my system with high settings well over 100 fps

fps track ka50.png

I would like to see the same track played on stable 2.7.6 on your system so we have a comparison (and please prove it's 2.7.6 so it's not the last version which shows the same problem). You ask for comparisons and the lot from our side but your own data lacks the things you ask from us.

PS: I for one can't believe that none of the ED systems and none of the internal testers ever showed this problem and then moments after release the first post of degradation shows up. Why do i have the feeling that we have to suck up the loss?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Is here anyone, who experienced FPS-drops with a more beefy 4K-Setup? If someone could provide Data and a Track, I could test it on my system and see if it behaves the same.

As mentioned, my own reference-tracks show no difference at all between before and after the patch.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Just now, Hiob said:

As mentioned, my own reference-tracks show no difference at all between before and after the patch.

You talk about what versions now? What is before and after?

52 minutes ago, Lange_666 said:

You talk about what versions now? What is before and after?

Look at the topic of the thread.....

But to give a decent answer: Before = 2.7.6.13436, After 2.7.7.xxxxx

Edited by Hiob

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

3 минуты назад, BIGNEWY сказал:

It does look strange, but again I am unable to reproduce. Are you capping your frames as suggested by Limaro? do you have it vsync'd or something in nvdia control panel or autoexec.cfg in your saved games?

fps track ka50.png

I have used only V-sync in game video setting. Before every test i have deleted Saved Games folder.

My procedure was follows:
1. Delete all mods from DCS

2. Repair game by DCS updater

3. Delete DCS Saved Games

4. Run DCS 2.7.7 and create track

5. Copy this track to another folder.

6. Downgrage DCS from 2.7.7 to 2.7.6 by DCS updater.

7. Delete DCS Saved Games

8. Run DCS 2.7.6

9. Set the video setting. The game have restarted. 

10. After restart the game i have exit.

11. Put my track from another folder to DCS Saved Games.

12. Run the game and cap the video by bandicam. Exit game.

13. Upgrade game from 2.7.6. to 2.7.7. by DCS updater.

14. Delete Saved Games.

15. Run the DCS 2.7.7. Set the video setting. The game have restarted.

16. After restart the game i have exit.

17. Put my track video to DCS Saved Games.

18. Run the game again and cap video by bandicam. Exit game

19. Create this comparison video.

GTX 1070, i5-8600 3.10GHz, 32GB RAM, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB

• ED Team

You have certainly tried everything, I have tested with Vsync enabled and get a solid 60fps in my test, at the moment it remains a mystery why this is happening for some and not others.  

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

4 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

You have certainly tried everything, I have tested with Vsync enabled and get a solid 60fps in my test, at the moment it remains a mystery why this is happening for some and not others.  

And you're running the tracks always twice, once for 2.7.6 and once for 2.7.7? (just for clearification)

BTW: I dont even need any tracks at all. Best compare results I get just be creating a empty mission in caucasus or any other map, and then just start (no plane or anything). Camera starts over Anapa and I already have 145 vs 119 FPS

Edited by Limaro
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Maybe you can try to compare the performance difference in 4k resolution or vr. Considering your pc configuration and  cpu optimization of DCS, it may not show a significant difference in a 1080p or 2k environment.

Edited by NukeBear01

52 minutes ago, Песочек said:

I have used only V-sync in game video setting. Before every test i have deleted Saved Games folder.

You have probably already figured, but there is really no point in doing any performance testing with activated v-sync. V-sync heavily messes with your FPS, most prominent in that it will fall back to the next smallest increment of 30 if it can't reach the next by even one FPS. In a nutshell, you can't see your real baseline and past a treshold the decline is always a minimum of 30 FPS.

1 hour ago, Lange_666 said:

I would like to see the same track played on stable 2.7.6 on your system so we have a comparison (and please prove it's 2.7.6 so it's not the last version which shows the same problem). You ask for comparisons and the lot from our side but your own data lacks the things you ask from us.

EXACTLY !!!

The entire premise of this thread is that users are experiencing performance loss AS COMPARED WITH THE PREVIOUS VERSION.

Therefore, The ONLY way to measure that is to run identical tests, i.e. track files, in both versions and compare results. Anything else is completely pointless and proves nothing.

(Don't hold your breath though 🤣)

1 hour ago, Lange_666 said:

PS: I for one can't believe that none of the ED systems and none of the internal testers ever showed this problem and then moments after release the first post of degradation shows up. Why do i have the feeling that we have to suck up the loss?

..I for two

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards

i'd have to agree the issue is not that 2.7.7 i s performing worse or irregularly in isolation rather it perfoms less well compared to 2.7.n and of course compared to 2.5.6

• Like 2

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

5 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

i'd have to agree the issue is not that 2.7.7 i s performing worse or irregularly in isolation rather it perfoms less well compared to 2.7.n and of course compared to 2.5.6

....and without an acknowledged or understood reason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Same for me. And on my potato rig it sits just about at 30 now with medium/low settings..I wonder if that's a future of dcs, just degrading a bit with each release..not everyone can get 2080, 3080/90 etc. I am planing to upgrade, but already thinking that my long waited upgrade will only get me a few extra frames at best..not to mention years from now..:/

Sent from my SM-T870 using Tapatalk

• ED Team

Of course we have been comparing to previous versions, as mentioned we have not seen what some of you have been seeing. 

We are investigating, but there is no obvious reason for these FPS anomalies.

At this point this thread is not useful, if you are having a problem please make a new thread for your specific problem, with the data that we need to check it. 

Track replay, dcs.log, dxdiag we will continue to compare and test on our systems. 
Please only post if you have data to share. 

Thanks

• ED Team
1 minute ago, Miro said:

@BIGNEWY Why not use the system and hardware of someone with a problem? Such a temporary volunteer beta tester?

The team have lower end machines also and have been checking.