FPS Lost after DCS 2.7.7.14727 patch

Miro

• ED Team

I have raised the issue with the team but I have no news to share. 

Personally I am not seeing any performance issue, which does not mean there is not one, I have a very strong system. 

I will raise it with the team again in the morning ( Monday). 

If you have short track replays showing examples please attach them. 

Please remove all unofficial mods and shader edits if you use them, run a verify in steam or a slow repair in stand alone. 

Ensure all drivers and windows is up to date. 

If you are windows 11 please note there is a AMD issue windows are working on. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

45 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

I have raised the issue with the team but I have no news to share. 

Personally I am not seeing any performance issue, which does not mean there is not one, I have a very strong system. 

I will raise it with the team again in the morning ( Monday). 

If you have short track replays showing examples please attach them. 

Please remove all unofficial mods and shader edits if you use them, run a verify in steam or a slow repair in stand alone. 

Ensure all drivers and windows is up to date. 

If you are windows 11 please note there is a AMD issue windows are working on. 

I believe that in strong systems, the impact is minimal, or not even noticeable.

• Like 1

• ED Team
4 minutes ago, felipesm said:

I believe that in strong systems, the impact is minimal, or not even noticeable.

Yes, seems so. 

The team have lower end machines in the office so it will get checked. I have highlighted this thread and the RU one to the team. 

thanks

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I’ll be in pit tonight to confirm something,  but on Russian side some chatter indicates weather presets are causing the big fps hit.  Something bout new volumetric lighting added for the clouds this last patch.  I do recall flying stock mission dawn raiders for Persian gulf f16 and it has no clouds or weather.  Ran normal for me.  I will go later tonight and add a weather preset or two and see what happens.

so maybe edit a mission and take out the new clouds. See the results and compare to with new clouds

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

32 minutes ago, Enduro14 said:

so maybe edit a mission and take out the new clouds. See the results and compare to with new clouds

YMMV but for me its a 5-7 fps difference and exactly what Id expect to see by adding or removing the fluffy stuff. Very little difference between the quality settings (2 fps) and it matters not if you have a full overcast or a couple of scattered clouds.  2D @ 1080P.

• Thanks 1

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

1 hour ago, Enduro14 said:

I’ll be in pit tonight to confirm something,  but on Russian side some chatter indicates weather presets are causing the big fps hit.  Something bout new volumetric lighting added for the clouds this last patch.  I do recall flying stock mission dawn raiders for Persian gulf f16 and it has no clouds or weather.  Ran normal for me.  I will go later tonight and add a weather preset or two and see what happens.

This made a big difference for me. Changing the clouds in a mission from 'Scattered 4' to 'Nothing' let me play at my pre-patch graphic settings and fps. Adding more clouds made the fps incrementally lower.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Enduro14 said:

This seems to have made a big difference. I ran a liberation mission on "nothing" for cloud cover, and my fps was basically back to where it was pre-patch. Looking forward to some kind of fix so I can fly with weather again.

• ED Team

How many of you are using global cockpit illumination and do you see any difference with it off?

Screen_211025_100526.png

Tested aswell without weather, got 5 FPS gain compared to weather preset. Still 9 FPS loss compared to the earlier build with weather preset high scattered 2. Simple math... 16% performance loss. If i count weather preset i got 25% performance loss (45 FPS on my earlier post with screenshot)

@BIGNEWY Gonna test it give me 10 mins.

:pilotfly:

Tested without Global illumination. With weather preset 2 FPS gain, Without weather No changes.

EDIT: Screenshots capped wrong numbers, With weather preset counter shows 47, without 50 FPS

Screen_211025_102022.png

Screen_211025_102200.png

Edited by Miro

56 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

How many of you are using global cockpit illumination and do you see any difference with it off?

Playing 2D @1080P, quick and dirty test showed only a 3-4 fps decrease with GI on in the Hind. 

On my old I5/GTX1080 rig DCS always has been a fine balancing act between what I consider to be the minimum enjoyable graphics and maintaining even the smallest buffer above 60 fps. I have nothing set high and none of of the newer SSAA, SSLR or SSAO on.  The last patch made altering many (already pretty light) missions necessary even critical by removing the weather and AI and effectively wrote off all but the Georgian and PG maps for Helos.  And this is 2D and 1080P. Hardly cutting edge.   

Edited by Boosterdog
sppullink
  • Like 1

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

I got a few FPS back by disabling Mirrors and Wake Turbulence.

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

3 minutes ago, Dunx said:

I got a few FPS back by disabling Mirrors and Wake Turbulence.

Mirrors had always a pretty big impact on fps, regardless of the overall performance.

9 minutes ago, Miro said:

Tested without Global illumination. With weather preset 2 FPS gain, Without weather No changes.

I'm a little confused. You're screenshots seem to be an outside view. How are you supposed to test the effects of Global Cockpit Illumination without a cockpit?

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

5 minutes ago, Hiob said:

I'm a little confused. You're screenshots seem to be an outside view. How are you supposed to test the effects of Global Cockpit Illumination without a cockpit?

Well, we lost performance everywhere, not only in cockpit, so if any setting affect whole program it should be visible in test view. BTW i don't see any difference on/off in cockpit aswell.

1 minute ago, Miro said:

Well, we lost performance everywhere, not only in cockpit, so if any setting affect whole program it should be visible in test view. BTW i don't see any difference on/off in cockpit aswell.

I didn't mean to argue in any direction. Be it an issue or not.

I meant to point out, that the different features of the graphics engine (e.g. global cockpit illumination, shadows, aa and so on) have different impact on performance and it is always a compromise of look and performance - but if you want to test the impact of a certain feature, you should test it in a scenario where it applies. Otherwise it's pointless.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

45 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Always off.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Always off, lost around 20 fps with the last update in 4K with 1080ti

Gesendet von meinem CPH2145 mit Tapatalk

ASUS Maximus XI CODE Z390 | I9 9900K (5GHz)  | G-Skill TridentZ 32GB 4000MHz | RTX 3090Ti | Creative AE-9 | Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 2TB | VR Headset HP Reverb G2 rev2