CBU-105 releasing bomblets 100 - 150 feet away from the designated spot

Furiz

It doesn't look like the skeets are tracking targets any more either. They behave like a CBU-87 now.

Edit: CBU-97 doesn't work any better. Yesterday they were doomsday devices, today they're good for one APC in a group.

Edited by Roosterfeet
  • Like 1

Ryzen 5 3600, Radeon RX 5600 XT

Just Did f16 stock mission, Persian Gulf Dawn Raiders,  Loaded 105's to hit the scud launcher site and totally missed the target.  Would estimate a good 500 meters miss or so.  No track   Spi was designated originally with waypoint as tgt then refined with TGP and laser range to refine coordinate.

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

Whenever I think I have the AI 'thing' figured out... something else comes along. This time I'm not sure if the issue is the weapon (CBU105) or F15E's pilot logic or most likely combination of both.

I was running this little scenario trying to coordinate an attack with a Mudhen. First thing I had to do is remove the 'CAS-a' line from WPT 0 (advanced setup) in the F15E's flight plan. Other wise the Mudhen would go after some other, less significant targets I had placed on the map. At the initial point the target group, weapons, the amount to be used (all) were all specified and the jet was hauling ass toward the targets. It dropped only 2 CBU105's and the bomblets exploded 2000 ft. long. The egress waypoint called for 600 knots run but the Mudhen decided to extend the boards and casually turned above the target and headed out. After a few miles the AI decided to reattack. This time all remaining CBU105's were dropped and found their targets.

https://youtu.be/MzM9IzD_L5A