Game allways crashes after opening the mission editor

Hastikalt
Go to solution Solved by Hastikalt,

Hey guys,

I was searching two days and trying everything to uninstall and reinstall I could, I delited every DCS ordner and rapaired the game, and I still got the issue that If i want to load a mission in the mission editor, go on a multyplayerserver or just simply go in the mission editor, my game crashes.

The issue happend after I was trying some different multyplayerservers and they crashed some times and I had to restard and try again.

Well what ever, Im simply writhing this because I found simialr problems like that on this wepsite, but all of their fixes dont work on my PC, so I wanted to ask if any could help me with that problem.

My PC Hardware:

-Intel Core I5-7500

-2x SSD on one is Windows and on the Other the rest of my PC

-16GB RAM ( soon 32GB )

-RTX 3060 12GB

-DA-B250M-D2V ( Motherboard )

I somehow cant find the crashreport, and what I find is to big to uploade here. Need probably some tips here.

file:///C:/Users/hasti/AppData/Local/CrashDumps/DCS.exe.9908.dmp ( is this link working ? if yes, thats the crash report! )

PS: I still can play the game if I make a quick game. so Its only the mission editor that isnt working.

• ED Team

Hi,

after the crash please attach your dcs.log from your saved games dcs log folder, it should have some clues 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
1 hour ago, Hastikalt said:

I somehow cant find the crashreport, and what I find is to big to uploade here

Please unpack this zip and find the file with the extension *. log. (Apparently, it is dcs.20211020-081242.log). The remaining files are less informative.

• ED Team
1 hour ago, Hastikalt said:

This should be the data:

dcs.20211020-081242.crash 1.16 kB · 4 downloads

a frind of mine also told me that windows automaticly closes games that eat to much RAM... that could be the reason why there is no crash report right after the crash...

If you can find the dcs.log it will give us more information. 

Your attached crash points to your display driver. 

Make sure the driver is up to date, if you are overclocking it maybe to high, if you have 16gb ram or less make sure your pagefile is large enough. 

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

vor 1 Stunde schrieb BIGNEWY:

If you can find the dcs.log it will give us more information. 

Your attached crash points to your display driver. 

Make sure the driver is up to date, if you are overclocking it maybe to high, if you have 16gb ram or less make sure your pagefile is large enough. 

thanks

I could try to uninstall and reinstall the driver, but it says its up to date.

I dont know how to overclock, and I didnt changed anything on the graphics card. The problem is, that the game starts crashing from one to another day, and the only thing I made at this last day was playing on some survers, I though some datas from these survers could cause the crash...

vor 1 Stunde schrieb maximov:

Please unpack this zip and find the file with the extension *. log. (Apparently, it is dcs.20211020-081242.log). The remaining files are less informative.

I tried to unpack it, but it somehow dont workes, it only says that it cant be opened in the archive.

• ED Team
1 minute ago, Hastikalt said:

I tried to unpack it, but it somehow dont workes, it only says that it cant be opened in the archive.

attach the crash archive here we can take a look if it is to large please use a cloud link like google drive

thanks

Ok I go and try to reinstall my driver and if taht dont works I try to lower the factory overclocket card, but one thing I dont understna is, why does the ingame still work and why did the Mission editor worked too befor that weard crash ? I mean everything was fine until I had to restard my PC because DCS World crashed my whole PC. I dont think that that crash causes damage to my Components, and other games are still working normaly too.

Ok so I writhe back if I tried these two things.