WW Collective mounted on Taurus

MustangSally

Mounted my newly arrived collective to the Taurus using the WW mounts. Pretty easy.....removed throttle gear from Taurus case then bolted the WW chair mount to the bottom of the case. Doing it this way allowed me not bother with the collective extension.

I also greased the friction dampers with some Nyogel grease.

WW_Collective.jpg

Edited by MustangSally

i9-9900K @ 5.1 - delided, Gigabyte Aorus Elite MB, Corsair H150i Pro water cooler

64gig G-Skill DDR4@3600, MSI 3080 Ti Suprim X

Winwing Super Taurus, Super Libra, TO / Combat panels and Collective

MFG Crosswind pedals, Tek Creations F/A-18 UFC and F-16 ICP

Trackir

2 hours ago, Simm0 said:

How do you find the reach to the throttle when mounted like this? Does it make it uncomfortable when flying jets?

Nope, in fact it feels better. Flew the 18 for over an hour last night without an issue.

i9-9900K @ 5.1 - delided, Gigabyte Aorus Elite MB, Corsair H150i Pro water cooler

Trackir

Looks quite practical. Do you have some photos from below to see how it's mounted? Did you like make holes in the bottom panel of the throttle?

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

6 hours ago, Dudikoff said:

Looks quite practical. Do you have some photos from below to see how it's mounted? Did you like make holes in the bottom panel of the throttle?

Pulled the Taurus case apart and drilled 4 holes that align with the WW chair mount. Bolted it on and mounted the channel with case nuts parallel to the Taurus. I also have a small stand under the Taurus for support.

WW mount.JPG

Trackir