Mission 5 - MIGs 23 tactics

Hello all,

Having a lot of fun with this campaign, especially with mission 4 until now.

I'm currently stuck in mission 5 because I cannot seem to be able to clear the "Mig ambush" phase. This might be my lack of proficiency on Air to Air but I think the MIG AI is just too good in the currently open beta (I already felt this in Mission 3). I have to fire the AIM-120 from distance and they seem to engage far away and will not let you approach enough for a decent AIM-9X shot. 

By looking at the videos in youtube (for example by flying kenny) I certainly can see a different behaviour in my system.

Any thoughts?

Thank you all

2 hours ago, MacaoP20 said:

Hello all,

Having a lot of fun with this campaign, especially with mission 4 until now.

I'm currently stuck in mission 5 because I cannot seem to be able to clear the "Mig ambush" phase. This might be my lack of proficiency on Air to Air but I think the MIG AI is just too good in the currently open beta (I already felt this in Mission 3). I have to fire the AIM-120 from distance and they seem to engage far away and will not let you approach enough for a decent AIM-9X shot. 

By looking at the videos in youtube (for example by flying kenny) I certainly can see a different behaviour in my system.

Any thoughts?

Thank you all

HI

Glad your enjoying the campaign. I will check it out and let you know.

You will not be able to fly straight towards them and wait until you can get a comfortable shot. Would suggest you get a missile off early to give them something to avoid and then approach  them but not head on using your direction of travel plus flares / chaff to avoid any incoming missiles. You should have an advantage then using your HMD plus the 9x's which allow almost a 90 degree shots.

Badger633

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.