AGM-65G Force Correlate

Ignition

I'm testing the maverick in force correlate and when I try to fire it to a building it flies over and hit the ground after it, like targeting the ground where the TGP is pointing.

Shouldn't this mode fly to the "object" or image where its pointed?

From the manual page 291 says: "...instead using an image-correlation algorithm suitable for tracking elements within a picture"

I also tested it with stationary ships and it was the same.

agm65FC.trk

DCS is selecting the terrain intersection with the LOS instead of any image processing. Ship tracking occurs when the switch inside the missile seeker door is flipped from land to ship mode. In general the AGM-65G is capable of hybrid centroid tracking which can centroid track in the horizontal and F/C in the vertical or vise versa. That would be a better choice than AREA for these buildings.

The ATA gate is 45x45 to start but can grow to about three quarters of the FOV until the correlate mode kicks in.

I may be wrong here and I welcome any correction, but isn't force correlate exclusive to the mav seeker itself and independent of the TGP? What I mean is, if you're relying on force correlate, shouldn't you be using the Mav as SOI and not using the TGP to target? I know that DCS uses LOS from various cameras and seekers, so if you're aiming right at a tank or a window in a building or whatever your laser or point track whichever you're using is actually going through the object to the ground behind. But just as general practice, to eliminate any erroneous variables, have you tried aiming with the Maverick as SOI opposed to the TGP?

I never use force correlate so I can't offer any real advice sorry. I've done it in Flacon BMS but it's been a while.

Edited by ZeroReady

1 minute ago, ZeroReady said:

I may be wrong here and I welcome any correction, but isn't force correlate exclusive to the mav seeker itself and independent of the TGP? What I mean is, if you're relying on force correlate, shouldn't you be using the Mav as SOI and not using the TGP to target? I know that DCS uses LOS from various cameras and seekers, so if you're aiming right at a tank or a window in a building or whatever your laser is actually going through the object to the ground behind. But just as general practice, to eliminate any erroneous variables, have you tried aiming with the Maverick as SOI opposed to the TGP?

I never use force correlate so I can't offer any real advice sorry. I've done it in Flacon BMS but it's been a while.

Its the only way I know it since the AGM-65G can't be used in auto (besides I very rarely use auto). I had the TGP just to look for a "good target".

You can only lock with that maverick in SOI, and yes it should be independant.

48 minutes ago, Frederf said:

DCS is selecting the terrain intersection with the LOS instead of any image processing. Ship tracking occurs when the switch inside the missile seeker door is flipped from land to ship mode. In general the AGM-65G is capable of hybrid centroid tracking which can centroid track in the horizontal and F/C in the vertical or vise versa. That would be a better choice than AREA for these buildings.

The ATA gate is 45x45 to start but can grow to about three quarters of the FOV until the correlate mode kicks in.

Thanks, now that you mention it I remember reading about that switch.

Its a shame it's not working correctly because it's a really nice weapon against buildings.

I guess this is bacause it's still a WIP or should this go to the bug subforum? Can someone of ED check this out?

A Maverick, as far as I know and I'm always open to correction, is not really meant to take out a building though. A room in a building, a single bridge span, yes. But IRL and even in DCS, a Mav, even the big warhead, won't bring down a whole ass building.

10 hours ago, ZeroReady said:

A Maverick, as far as I know and I'm always open to correction, is not really meant to take out a building though. A room in a building, a single bridge span, yes. But IRL and even in DCS, a Mav, even the big warhead, won't bring down a whole ass building.

there are two warheads for the various versions of mavericks "57 kg (126 lb) WDU-20/B shaped-charge" and "136 kg (300 lb) WDU-24/B penetrating blast-fragmentation" from Wiki. shaped charge is for armor piercing. get inside and kill what's inside. blast-frag would be like a hand grenade. and unless i am mistaken, only the 300 lb versions can force-correlate. would a 500 lb bomb or a 300 lb maverick take down a building? i guess it depends on the building. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGM-65_Maverick

Edited by silverdevil
added link to wiki

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain