New Flak Guns suggestion

stuart666

Im presently trying to do a representation of the German air defences on the channel map, and whilst going through the sources noted something. There was a quite a lot of guns used by the Germans acquired from armies they defeated. Ive just found 2 flak positions near Ostend that were used by 4cm Flak 28. Or the Bofors gun as we prefer to call it. 😄

There were on the Normandy area references to use of the British 3.7 Inch gun. Seems to have been quite a few left behind at Dunkirk we didnt effectively dispose So I was thinking, how about ED considering including those guns among the german kit? I accept the crew figures need changing, but of all the things that could be done, this would be reasonably low hanging fruit I would have thought? Some Vehicles also so quite a lot of use, so its worth considering vehicles that could perhaps fulfill 2 different owners with just a different skin.

Just a respectful suggestion to ED. 🙂

Edited by stuart666
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, StevanJ said:

Combined joint task force will give you that.

true, he's also asking for a different skin... i imagine german crew instead of british.

not that i think most would even notice...

for those that did notice, imagine the woe and despair.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stuart666 said:

Yes, exactly. I could create that right now, but they are still going to be in British camo and with British crews. If you are strafing them with a Mosquito you are probably going to notice a some point.

I mean, I understand the want for more skins, but I don't think youd notice what uniform someone was wearing, especially if it was just infantry.

I made a full ww2 campaign for the community, and I've not had a single person notice they're actually strafing Syrian Insurgents not ww2 infantry.

But maybe you should add a 'more skins' wish in the wishlist.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 11:50 AM, stuart666 said:

Im presently trying to do a representation of the German air defences on the channel map, and whilst going through the sources noted something. There was a quite a lot of guns used by the Germans acquired from armies they defeated. Ive just found 2 flak positions near Ostend that were used by 4cm Flak 28. Or the Bofors gun as we prefer to call it. 😄

There were on the Normandy area references to use of the British 3.7 Inch gun. Seems to have been quite a few left behind at Dunkirk we didnt effectively dispose So I was thinking, how about ED considering including those guns among the german kit? I accept the crew figures need changing, but of all the things that could be done, this would be reasonably low hanging fruit I would have thought? Some Vehicles also so quite a lot of use, so its worth considering vehicles that could perhaps fulfill 2 different owners with just a different skin.

Just a respectful suggestion to ED. 🙂

+1