Shimmering and Jaggies

scampaboy

Hi 

I’m wondering if anyone could help me out, firstly is it a bug or user error. 
I’m suffering from terrible shimmering and jaggies on all maps in 2.7 

I actually got a new more modern gpu because i thought I may have been overloading my graphics and the situation is even worse. Thin rivers are like sparkly lighting strikes across the map, the trees constantly shimmer in the sun, all roofs shimmer in any sunlight. The only thing I can compare it is when 2.xx was released and the sun was too bright blowing everything out. Everything the sun touches that has a straight line shimmers, the only way to make it slightly better is to have overcast weather, which in vegas and PG isn’t really appropriate. 

I’m running in 1080 my specs are 

i5 9600k 

32gb 3600 RAM 

RTX 3060 GPU 

Win 10 and dcs on separate ssd with another ssd being used for page file. 
As mentioned above the biggest difference is if I use cloud cover to stop the sun death rays, MSAA makes little difference at 4x and if I add SSAA at 2x the jaggies are gone from fences but the trees still sparkle at 32 fps. 
I have cleared the FXO meta shaders folder, I’m not using any graphics mods. The shadows on trees flicker no matter what the shadow settings, they also sparkle depending on time of day and position of the sun. 
The worst time is golden hour when the sun washes out all the details and everything sparkles. 
I have tried absolute lowest settings with MSAA 4x and SSAA very little effect tried absolute max slideshow with the above and made the same little effect. 
My only NVidia settings are max frames 61 ( I’m on a headtracker) and performance energy settings. 

jaggies are definitely an AA setting. shimmering not sure. i believe shimmering is the latency of the lighting vs the edge of the texture timing. i do not have either of these issues. remember that some nvidia settings allow application-controlled. for instance, in my case, ansiotropic filtering is set to application-controlled. so the setting if any is controlled in DCS options. are you on a monitor or VR? this other link is old too and a specific card manufacturer. maybe still relevant. https://forums.evga.com/Edges-Flickering-in-every-game-m2854363.aspx

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

1 hour ago, Enduro14 said:

came about with 2.7, at least it is much worse weather in VR or 4k 2d.  Something odd with the lighting and shaders need to get touched up.  Brute forcing it only does so much.

Yes it’s something to do with the lighting and shaders there was something funny like this when we moved up to 2.xx with the deferred shading. It’s like the sun is too bright. I’m doing a full system nuke as we speak, reset bios the lot. 
I was running at 98% gpu usage even on the low preset with no MSAA at all 

On 10/14/2021 at 5:31 PM, scampaboy said:

Yes it’s something to do with the lighting and shaders there was something funny like this when we moved up to 2.xx with the deferred shading. It’s like the sun is too bright. I’m doing a full system nuke as we speak, reset bios the lot. 
I was running at 98% gpu usage even on the low preset with no MSAA at all 

So I did the above, and the shimmering is actually considerably less but what’s left can’t be controlled with dcs settings. I’m happy with my visuals in Syria. 
I am running Mariana’s at smooth 60fps (apart from the Bermuda Triangle of fps in the centre of the main island) 

I was also suffering from stuttering at 60fps like a lot of other people I attributed it to full ram and vram I had enabled Msi cpu boost in bios. I disabled that and the stuttering disappeared maybe it would help some people to check if that setting works 

19 hours ago, scampaboy said:

I was also suffering from stuttering at 60fps like a lot of other people I attributed it to full ram and vram I had enabled Msi cpu boost in bios. I disabled that and the stuttering disappeared maybe it would help some people to check if that setting works 

Many thanks for your feedback. 👍

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.