phantom0gritz

Well..  I googled it...  And found nothing.  So I googled it a number of different ways...  Still nothing.

So...

Would you be willing to share or is asking someone ELSE a rule??

• Thanks 1

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

• 3 months later...

I have a bone to pick with Eagle Dynamics over this.    Granted I know Heatblur is the one that did the F-14 and they made the decision of what to name the AI RIO in the F-14.    They named it Jester with reference to the movie Top Gun(Granted I know Jester was never a RIO in Top Gun).    Now with the Apache 64D being released we get a AI Co-pilot/Gunner named "George"???????   What the heck why not a Co-pilot named "Rattler" or some other character from the movie "Firebirds" ????   Why do we get stuck with George and the F-14 guys get something cool like Jester????    Just a thought

DevPreach

• Like 5

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X OC'd to 4.4 GHz on all 8 Cores, Asus ROG STRIX GAMING-E MOBO, 3XWD Blue 500GB SSD, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250GB PCIE SSD, Seagate 4TB 7200RPM HDD, GIGABYTE AORUS AMD RADEON RX VEGA 56 Graphics Card, EVGA G2 SUPERNOVA 1000W PSU, THERMALTAKE VIEW 71 TG CASE, Saitek X56 Rhino HOTAS

Boy George

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Well maybe you ought to name your topics something that makes sense. Like "Rename CPL AI" instead of something that says nothing about what you want.

Also -1. It's not like you get to say the name often, I'm more worried about the functionality and interactivity. Jester is great, but from what I have seen from the Hind it's really a lot more simple and more importantly one way. Jester reacts to things and tells you. All the videos I have seen of the hind is you telling the AI what to do in a very general kind of way.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DevPreach said:

I have a bone to pick with Eagle Dynamics over this.    Granted I know Heatblur is the one that did the F-14 and they made the decision of what to name the AI RIO in the F-14.    They named it Jester with reference to the movie Top Gun(Granted I know Jester was never a RIO in Top Gun).    Now with the Apache 64D being released we get a AI Co-pilot/Gunner named "George"???????   What the heck why not a Co-pilot named "Rattler" or some other character from the movie "Firebirds" ????   Why do we get stuck with George and the F-14 guys get something cool like Jester????    Just a thought

DevPreach

Historically speaking, Helicopter pilots have never had cool callsigns. Some of us in the Navy thought it was funny. That and P-3 Orion pilots with callsigns! Lol
George just might be appropriate! 

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

2 minutes ago, Jackjack171 said:

Historically speaking, Helicopter pilots have never had cool callsigns. Some of us in the Navy thought it was funny. That and P-3 Orion pilots with callsigns! Lol

I thought y’all got them at the end of the basic flight course

14 hours ago, Jackjack171 said:

Thank you for educating me on this.   I've never really known any military pilots the flew helicopters.   I've known snipers that fought in Vietnam and the 2nd Gulf War, and pilots that flew various jet-powered military aircraft of various eras and the soldiers that fought it out on the ground but no helicopter pilots.    I've only knew what I knew of various movies I've seen like Firebirds and the pilots that flew Hueys in We Were Soldiers and thought that was the norm.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X OC'd to 4.4 GHz on all 8 Cores, Asus ROG STRIX GAMING-E MOBO, 3XWD Blue 500GB SSD, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250GB PCIE SSD, Seagate 4TB 7200RPM HDD, GIGABYTE AORUS AMD RADEON RX VEGA 56 Graphics Card, EVGA G2 SUPERNOVA 1000W PSU, THERMALTAKE VIEW 71 TG CASE, Saitek X56 Rhino HOTAS

Well in Cyprus those who are called George have a nickname of Koko so you can call him that 🤣

• Like 4

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

George should still be an option.  It's the classic "autopilot" nick name from WWII.  I still prefer George.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog