Course line in the HSD

Tyrant07

Not AFAIK.

Instead you use the HUD and steering cue/tadpole.

JF-16 Tacan HUD symbology.JPG

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

On 10/14/2021 at 3:53 AM, Tyrant07 said:

Does the JF-17 have a course line function (like all the NATO jets have) on the HSD or in the jet at all? I have tried looking through the documentation and don't see any reference to one. 

What do you mean? On NAV mode, the aircraft will draw a course line on the HSD. You can even see them on Ramsay picture above

In the harrier for example if I want to ingress on a 250 heading to a target waypoint, I set a course line on the 250 radial and it displays off the waypoint on the EHSD. The F/A-18 has something almost identical. The A-10 and F-16 have something similar in their analog HSD's. But the JF-17 doesn't seem to have this customizable course line.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tyrant07 said:

In the harrier for example if I want to ingress on a 250 heading to a target waypoint, I set a course line on the 250 radial and it displays off the waypoint on the EHSD. The F/A-18 has something almost identical. The A-10 and F-16 have something similar in their analog HSD's. But the JF-17 doesn't seem to have this customizable course line.

AFAIK Course Lines only show up in APR Landing modes, TACAN navigation and between Waypoints 1-29, which are use for navigation.

Two of these can't be edited. In the case of APR approach vectors they are generated when the DTC loads airfield info. Course lines between Waypoints are just that; they just link with each other. TACAN course can be edited, but that only gets you to the broadcasting station.

In the example you gave, you could set up and use OAPs. these can be edited in the UFCP using the corresponding button to access the OAP page. In there you set the offset angle, distance, and altitude (both in feet).

Edited by J20Stronk
  • Thanks 1

On 10/16/2021 at 8:43 AM, J20Stronk said:

AFAIK Course Lines only show up in APR Landing modes, TACAN navigation and between Waypoints 1-29, which are use for navigation.

Two of these can't be edited. In the case of APR approach vectors they are generated when the DTC loads airfield info. Course lines between Waypoints are just that; they just link with each other. TACAN course can be edited, but that only gets you to the broadcasting station.

In the example you gave, you could set up and use OAPs. these can be edited in the UFCP using the corresponding button to access the OAP page. In there you set the offset angle, distance, and altitude (both in feet).

Thanks for the reply. The OAP function works close enough for what I was looking for. Thanks for the writeup on how to do it.