player pilot-character hand-gestures for multiplayer

D4n

Please add animations/gestures for player pilot characters, so that players can play different animations that other players can see, for non-verbal communication to either the left, center or right side. (signs like these: 👌, 👋 -waving, 👎, 🤫, ✌️, salute, 🤘, hand moving pointing ahead and indicating to other pilot/s to take off asap/hit afterburner and fly ahead)

Edited by D4n
  • Like 1
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

49 minutes ago, Tank50us said:

since the more modern aircraft are all equipped with radios that work, I don't really see a need for it there

Since there sadly are (afaik still) some impolite DCS pilots out there (on PvP servers) who don't "like the voice" of some other very polite DCS pilots (and ignore those polite pilots because of this voice-thing), this would be an excellent solution. (the impolite pilots wouldn't even know that the pilot right next to them is a pilot whose voice they don't "like" 😁 so everybody would finally get along totally fine!)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

2 hours ago, Tank50us said:

It would only be useful in WW1 and WW2 scenarios, but since the more modern aircraft are all equipped with radios that work, I don't really see a need for it there, unless it's interacting with ground crew.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that hand signals are still a thing in modern military aviation as well.

Aren't they for instance used during AAR?

Anyways, I like the OP's wish and as the Tomcat pilot model proves (carrier launch salute), it is possible

• Like 2

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

7 minutes ago, sirrah said:

Aren't they for instance used during AAR?

This I'm not sure of, but it's something I doubt. After all, all you need is a very short-range radio set in the boom operators seat so that he/she can talk to the guy coming up to the tanker and give them instructions. Besides, in cloudy or low-light conditions, while you can see the station from the other aircraft, you may not be able to see the dude in the seat of that aircraft, let alone what their hands are doing. So while I'm sure there's probably a list of hand signals that pilots and operators train on, odds are, they're seldom, if ever used at all

42 minutes ago, Tank50us said:

This I'm not sure of, but it's something I doubt. After all, all you need is a very short-range radio set in the boom operators seat so that he/she can talk to the guy coming up to the tanker and give them instructions. Besides, in cloudy or low-light conditions, while you can see the station from the other aircraft, you may not be able to see the dude in the seat of that aircraft, let alone what their hands are doing. So while I'm sure there's probably a list of hand signals that pilots and operators train on, odds are, they're seldom, if ever used at all

I was thinking more about hand signals between (for instance) Superbug pilots. Where the host signals the receiver that he's cleared to form up behind him and plug into the basket.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

3 hours ago, Tank50us said:

It would only be useful in WW1 and WW2 scenarios, but since the more modern aircraft are all equipped with radios that work, I don't really see a need for it there, unless it's interacting with ground crew.

What about Communicating. Keeping up foreign relations?

Hand signs are a thing, even have some pages in NAVAIR. Think EMCON, you don't want to tell the bad guys that you are coming. Even if the radio is crypted, it is pretty easy to get position data on the chatting guys. 

So yes, a great thing, only not sure if I would see this hand signs flying in Vr. 

So, +1 even so if I most probably will find it kinda strange to initiate hand signs via key presses. 

• Thanks 1