[4K TEXTURE OVERHAUL, WIP] Magic's Modified Mustang Makeup

Magic Zach

1 hour ago, Rebel28 said:

“I cannot guarantee that it'll be finished for sure” Now hold on. I have invested about 15 minutes following this project, with great anticipation. (and at my age those minutes are quite valuable) Don’t stop now…. 🙂

I concur.

As a silver-sided and rapidly wrinkling onlooker myself, I’d like not only to see this projects completion but also for Scooby to very much keep his pants on, do some revision and be afforded the time to nudge the Lancaster a little bit closer to the eagerly awaiting communities hangars.

No pressure, I expect something will pop up in around say… two weeks or so? Just hope it’s not one of my stents. 🤪

Gonna be great when it’s done.

”it'll be finished for sure” … there, much better. 🙂

ETA the magic words… Please and Thank you.

Edited by Slippa
Magic words

I have to make it obvious as I don’t want to cause any offence to anybody.

I post very much tongue in cheek a lot of the time and don’t expect anyone to feel obliged to get on with any projects in any hurry. But please be quick about it,  🤪
Seriously, good luck with whatever, I’m just someone impressed by these projects who’d love to see them come to fruition. 🙂

image.png?width=975&height=675

image.png?width=1439&height=620

• Like 5

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

• 5 weeks later...

Hi I've downloaded your great work but on only two of the skins the ones listed as new does it have the clearer canopy effect. Is there an option to apply this to the other skins?

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

On 8/23/2023 at 9:43 AM, westr said:

Hi I've downloaded your great work but on only two of the skins the ones listed as new does it have the clearer canopy effect. Is there an option to apply this to the other skins?

Hello!  Unfortunately I just went on vacation until about the start of October, while all my computers are in the middle of a month-long move.

Do you know which liveries have the updated canopy?

In the meantime, there is a manual solution.  Take the canopy .DDS textures from the working livery and paste them into each of the broken ones.  Then go into a working one's description.lua and copy the canopy-related lines.  Then open the description.lua of the broken liveries and paste those lines in, OR over the old ones if there were already canopy-related lines in there (just in case).

PS: can't recall currently but the canopy textures and lines could also be called glass

Edited by Magic Zach

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

In the meantime here are some more WIP screenshots 🙂

image-50.png

image-49.png

image-39.png

image-78.png

image-52.png

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Magic Zach said:

Hello!  Unfortunately I just went on vacation until about the start of October, while all my computers are in the middle of a month-long move.

Do you know which liveries have the updated canopy?

In the meantime, there is a manual solution.  Take the canopy .DDS textures from the working livery and paste them into each of the broken ones.  Then go into a working one's description.lua and copy the canopy-related lines.  Then open the description.lua of the broken liveries and paste those lines in, OR over the old ones if there were already canopy-related lines in there (just in case).

PS: can't recall currently but the canopy textures and lines could also be called glass

Thanks I took your modded canopy glass folder renamed it and put it in the mods/aircraft/p51/textures  and it has overwritten for all of the skins. They look much better. 

• Like 1

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

• 3 months later...

Zach (or anyone familiar with description.lua mumbo-jumbo), could you guys help me with an issue?

I gather TF- version of Mustang borrows some textures from the P- one. I've noticed that after applying reworked textures to P-, two liveries in TF- list don't seem to be working corectly:

a) Bare metal one has missing canopy and windscreen textures;

b) 364FS 357FG one has missing all but tyre textures.

Pics shown below.

I'm a bit puzzled by it, cause I've always thought Zach's textures are just replacements on one-by-one basis and thus TF- should find them and load them as well? Not quite it seems.

How can I fix that? Does it require editing relevant description.luas of aforementioned liveries in Coremods, TF- folders?

EDIT: - Ouch, I missed the quoted post above, already referring to the canopy issue. Sounds a bit voodoo for me, but will try to decipher it and fix the canopy at least. Wouldn't mind advise on the other skin though!

TF1.jpg

TF2.jpg

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 3 months later...