Bases compatible with Cougar stick

CybrSlydr

I think my Cougar base is going bad.  It's spiking and restarting via Cougar Control Panel/calibrating isn't doing it quite.

Aside from Virpil, what bases out there are compatible with the Cougar stick?  Warthog Mag Base, what else?

vkb also has an adapter

• Like 1

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

9 minutes ago, CybrSlydr said:

I think my Cougar base is going bad.  It's spiking ...

I replaced the two potentiometers of the base with contact-less sensors made by @rel4y ... much less expensive than replacing the whole base.

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

20 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

I replaced the two potentiometers of the base with contact-less sensors made by @rel4y ... much less expensive than replacing the whole base.

I also did this on my cougar, but then eventually bit the bullet and got a more modern base/stick.

The cougar was a great stick back in the day but it's chalk and cheese to how new ones perform.

For the OP, I believe winwing base with adapter is another option you can add to the list.

• Like 2

Rel4y will also release a force sensing mod that will fit in the Cougar base.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Rel4y will also release a force sensing mod that will fit in the Cougar base. emoji4.png

Be interested to see, my cougar is still sitting in a cupboard here so I could always get her out again if something nice like that happens 🙂

• Like 1

The VKB and Winwing options require stick modification by replacing the bottom connecting sockets to their proprietary ones.

The true compatible bases with PS/2 socket connections besides Thrustmaster are from Realsimulator, Brunner, and Virpil. These are simple plug and play and your stick remains intact in its original form.

• Like 1

PC: 9900K/3090, 11700K/2080Ti, 8700K/1080.

Joystick bases: TMWx2, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMWx2, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator RS Linear Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro/Pro 2, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index

The VKB and Winwing options require stick modification by replacing the bottom connecting sockets to their proprietary ones.

The true compatible bases with PS/2 socket connections besides Thrustmaster are from Realsimulator, Brunner, and Virpil. These are simple plug and play and your stick remains intact in its original form.
Semantics really, but TM uses a 5 pin Mini-DIN, not a six pin Mini-DIN, (PS2).

15 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Rel4y will also release a force sensing mod that will fit in the Cougar base. emoji4.png

Putting 1 euro coin into a jar from now on till release xD

• Like 1

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3 TM MFDs | Realteus ForceFeel | 2x bass shakers

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - NTTR - PG - Mi8 - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II