A prop-only 2021…???

rkk01

This year my flight hours have been almost exclusively in the warbirds…

My last jet flight was in the L-39 and I’ve done a bit in the Gazelle and Mil-8

but apart from that the piston-engined birds have fully held my attention and provided both learning and entertainment.

Anyone else…?  

For the most part, the forum sections anticipating the next jet release(s) don’t excite me, although the Mirage F-1 looks lovely

My most anticipated releases are the Corsair and South Atlantic map

• Like 4

Same here. I've put a few hours on the Viper, Huey, and Hind this year, but my focus has been on the Jug, Spitfire, and Mossie. I've got renewed interest in the Axis birds as well, but haven't set aside time to dive into them. I figure I'll get back to modern stuff after I finish all of Reflected's campaigns. 

The warbirds just feel so much more alive with their torque, P-factor, engine management, and the complex damage model. It's also more satisfying to fight in close and see your rounds impacting the opponent. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nealius said:

Same here. I've put a few hours on the Viper, Huey, and Hind this year, but my focus has been on the Jug, Spitfire, and Mossie. I've got renewed interest in the Axis birds as well, but haven't set aside time to dive into them. I figure I'll get back to modern stuff after I finish all of Reflected's campaigns. 

The warbirds just feel so much more alive with their torque, P-factor, engine management, and the complex damage model. It's also more satisfying to fight in close and see your rounds impacting the opponent. 

Im waiting for DCS WW1. Then we can get really close.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Mogster said:

Im waiting for DCS WW1. Then we can get really close.

Spanish civil war or early Soviet Japanese Conflict in Mongolia that used the I-16 with rifle caliber guns required close in combat with high accuracy and incredible maneuverability

as an aside this Interestingly led to divergent approaches the Germans went to energy fighters the the Bf-109 (comparative to the I-16) whilst the Japanese developed angles fighters such as the Ki-43. Japanese veterans coming from the A5m disliked the A6m for lack of maneuverability!  

rather than develop a completely new era why not give the I-16 some contemporary opposition and develop some early war Axis fighters, preferably the Japanese ones 

eagerly looking forward to the F4U to add to the warbirds collection, as I mainly fly warbirds, especially the K4 and the early jet the Mig-15. The P-51 and F-86 are fantastic but somehow not as challenging 

Edited by Lynchsl62
  • Like 2

PC: 9980XE @ 64GB RAM /2080Ti, Samsung C49RG90

Joystick bases: VKB GFIII, FSSB R3L, Brunner CLS-E, Virpil Mongoos CM2

Joystick grips: Realsimulator (F-18CGRH, F-16SGRH-CE), VKB (MCG Pro, F-14, KG-12), Virpil Warbrd

Throttles: Virpil CM2, Kantorrin,

Other: TrackIR, TM MFDx2 (Cubesim Screenx2), Virpil Control Panel 1

After several years of P-51D & Spit MK.IX with 100 octanes Merlin engines cohexisting with a late war brand new last 109, I think it's time to upgrade them to 150 octanes like most of them were in times Willy launched his last propeller toy.... or just downgrade the 109.... I mean... launching any Gustaf model cause the only way the Kurfurst could be challenging is being her opponent. 

This way 3D models need zero major tweak, at least on the mustang & spit side (only the Manifold/Boost in-cockpit gauge changes), and on the 109 you only have to do from scratch "some" parts of it cause her streamline didn't change radically from G models to K models (the 2 upper guns bundles in the nose, maybe a thinner wing in the G models and if you want to be "exquisite" the non retractable tail wheel in some G models).

From the point of view of the mainstream, people are mostly interested in the clash between the two-three most famous/infamous fighters that change the tide of the war in ETOP (this opinion is based in the plane set we got nowadays in game) than in flying "underdogs"-"Rare" planes that mean from anything to nothing to most actual & potential pilots/customers and like it or not don't forget this is a bussiness for a few, at least for those who develop the sim 🤑 , so for multiple reasons it's easier asking them for small changes in their short/mid term timelines but a great game changer for us from the second one of its implementation.

A simple Human being's Passion

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]