AH-64D Early Access

ChenShohry

I don't mind Apache being delayed. In fact, it might have saved me a little money by doing so. 🙂 Either way, I'm happy to wait until it's really good for EA release. Let's not repeat the Viper debacle.

One more question is, how do the MFD text and indicator lights look in VR? One of my hopes for Vulcan, and accompanying refactor, is fixing of the oddities in how small text is rendered. I don't know if the artifacts come from mipmapping or AA, but I noticed indicator lights are often unreadable despite there being more than enough pixels to render them clearly, as evidenced by text that's not a light, of the same approximate size, being legible enough. Not only that, I noticed that text that's close to your virtual face looks better than one that's far from it, despite the apparent size being the same or close to it. Skinny font used by the lights might be exacerbating the issue. Either way, how is it in the Apache?

Edited by Dragon1-1

The way I see it, if the team isn't satisfied with where the apache is for release, I'd most likely not be satisfied either. So yeah, I'm a bit bummed, but I still rather have it this way than getting it and being annoyed for things not being where they're supposed to be.

One thing I haven't found the answer to anywhere else and I'm wondering especially in when it comes to the apache. Are there news on the new FLIR technology? I know it's more difficult than simply adding it to the modules because every single unit in dcs has to be touched, but will the apache come with it's module part of this tech?

27 minutes ago, Cathnan said:

One thing I haven't found the answer to anywhere else and I'm wondering especially in when it comes to the apache. Are there news on the new FLIR technology? I know it's more difficult than simply adding it to the modules because every single unit in dcs has to be touched, but will the apache come with it's module part of this tech?

FLIR work is a core task for DCS, not linked to the AH-64D. It would be nice to have it ready for release, but we will have to wait and see as it is a huge task. 

thanks

• Like 7

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Mainstay said:

Guys seriously… we read so many people here talking about concerns when it comes to using VR headsets in combination with older GPU’s. It’s YOUR choice to use such a combination.. ED didn’t made you. I for one didn’t get a VR headset because I knew my pc couldn’t handle it with my old setup (GTX980Ti). 

Now I saved up and got a monster machine incl RTX3080Ti and I can finally start thinking of runnning VR. 

I prefers these absolute stunning graphics in combination with Track IR then having to run the sim with half naked looking graphics because some of you wanna run VR no matter the cost. 

So either upgrade (sell a kidney, guitar or one of your kids) or stop complaining. 

Your kind words made me rethink my previous standpoint. You're right, I have to save up.

So bye-bye pre-ordering the AH-64. Case closed.

Wow, the new video is absolutely amazing as far as graphics.  The initial fly-in at the start of the video (external view) had me second guessing on whether that was real or sim, absolutely awesome!!  Good works guys/gals on the project, can't wait and thanks for the update!

• Like 3

So from the description of Wags Video I got the following remaining TODOs:

Zitat

- flight control system heading, attitude and altitude hold modes

- MultiCrew,

- cold start

- George AI co-pilot gunner

- certain crew animations

- system damage effects.

Combining this with the information from Casmos video about the current state ("some more time in the oven") I don't think we are looking at 31.03.2022. More like middle or end of February. But this is pure speculation of mine.

I think the most problematic/relevant items are multicrew sync in MP and George as CPG. Those are absolutely necessary so that every player type (SP/MP) can enjoy the Apache. All other items are things that might be annoying if not completed at EA launch but certainly most of us (not all) won't bother too much if it will be patched in later. Maybe the cold start might also be relevant for the clicky-clicky players 😛

The footage looks amazing and I am really looking forward to crash into those nice rocks @1:58 in the preview video (South Atlantic???). Afterwards I will most certainly complain if there are missing system damage effects 😄 

• Like 2

If it's not ready and the team feel it is not ready to release - then I am all for that. Disappointed of course, but i'd rather the module was in a position where they are happy to release it than get a module that isn't up to a particular standard. Overall, it will take as long as it takes - its not as though there is nothing else to play in the meantime :-). The Apache, when it releases, is the icing on the already delicious cake 🙂

Edited by dokken1212
  • Like 5

Computer Specs:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x

Thermaltake 360 AIO Water Cooler

32GB Corsair Vengeance 3600Mhz RGB RAM

GeForce RTX 2080 Super [ NVIDIA]

512GB Adata M2 NVME (boot drive)

1TB Adata M2 NVME

1TB WD Blue SSD

Corsair RM850x Power Supply

Phanteks Enthoo Evolve Case

Samsung 43" 4K Smart TV (used as monitor)

TRACK IR 5 + Wireless DelanClip Head Tracker

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

20 hours ago, Wychmaster said:

Combining this with the information from Casmos video about the current state ("some more time in the oven") I don't think we are looking at 31.03.2022. More like middle or end of February. But this is pure speculation of mine.

I hope also that they said Q1 so they don't have to delay again if not ready in february. We will see. Just prepare some pop corn and watch AH64 documentaries for the 5th time while waiting...

• Like 1

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 2080 TI, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar (with Cubesim monitors), Trackir 5 Pro, (Oculus Rift S when I want some VR)

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

On 1/22/2022 at 6:25 AM, Zap921 said:

Wow, the new video is absolutely amazing as far as graphics.  The initial fly-in at the start of the video (external view) had me second guessing on whether that was real or sim, absolutely awesome!!  Good works guys/gals on the project, can't wait and thanks for the update!

I totally agree…I keep pausing the video and doing a double take to make sure I was watching the right video😀 The cockpit looked really crisp/clear and colors more vibrant…could this be a new game version perhaps? 
Anyway…really appreciate the update.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Patrick

4 hours ago, Phantom88 said:

I totally agree…I keep pausing the video and doing a double take to make sure I was watching the right video😀 The cockpit looked really crisp/clear and colors more vibrant…could this be a new game version perhaps? 
Anyway…really appreciate the update.

That was my first tought also, that maybe we are looking at a different graphic engine the graphics was so wonderful. But @BIGNEWY said that the demo is NOT filmed on Vulkan, so this is still the "old" engine.

• Like 2

On 1/23/2022 at 7:51 AM, dokken1212 said:

If it's not ready and the team feel it is not ready to release - then I am all for that.

One thing I'd love to see a little more clarification on, is the definition of "To Do". My brain (that over thinks when I put my head to pillow) is on overtime on this one.

As posted previously - it appears as though the following are still outstanding before EA:

• Flight control system heading, attitude and altitude hold modes
  • MultiCrew,
  • cold start
  • George AI co-pilot gunner
  • certain crew animations
  • system damage effects.

My question is whether or not these systems are basically finished - but the team are not happy with them and as you say "feel it's not ready for release", and thus are tweaking these systems before checking them off...

... or whether they have not yet being designed at all, or whether they are part way through being designed.

6 systems that have been finished, but the team are not happy with and require some tweaking may allow for a Q1 release date still.

However, if the above systems are still being developed and not even in the testing phase yet - it's possible we're a lot further out than indicated. "To-do's" can be read a variety of different ways. The devil seems to be in the detail of what "To-Do" really means. 

I'm obviously disappointed in the delay as well - but like most  I can be understanding about the delay and wanting it right. 

On 1/22/2022 at 10:47 PM, Wychmaster said:

So from the description of Wags Video I got the following remaining TODOs:

I wish I had your optimism. 😉 Without ED clarifying the situation as what "to do" means - I'm left to reevaluate based on variables I know:

What I see at present is that we have had no more training/demo video's on the AH-64 since the TSD navigation over a month ago. There is yet to be video's on various weapon use, George control, etc, (if I go by how the Hind was featured prior to release). Not much to go by - but all I have really. This gives me the gut feeling without any other details that Q1 is unlikely and Q2 is more realistic. I hope I'm wrong - but 2 delays, plus the lack of training video's, and 6 separate items on the to-do list has me thinking 'to do' is more about the need to finish development than it is tweaking already developed systems.

It's all best guess and conjecture. The people who know the best still have been getting dates wrong, so what hope do I have of guessing right with less information. 

Either way - I wish ED all the best with their development and appreciate the work they do. 

12 minutes ago, Dangerzone said:

One thing I'd love to see a little more clarification on, is the definition of "To Do". My brain (that over thinks when I put my head to pillow) is on overtime on this one.

As posted previously - it appears as though the following are still outstanding before EA:

• Flight control system heading, attitude and altitude hold modes
  • MultiCrew,
  • cold start
  • George AI co-pilot gunner
  • certain crew animations
  • system damage effects.

My question is whether or not these systems are basically finished - but the team are not happy with them and as you say "feel it's not ready for release", and thus are tweaking these systems before checking them off...

... or whether they have not yet being designed at all, or whether they are part way through being designed.

6 systems that have been finished, but the team are not happy with and require some tweaking may allow for a Q1 release date still.

However, if the above systems are still being developed and not even in the testing phase yet - it's possible we're a lot further out than indicated. "To-do's" can be read a variety of different ways. The devil seems to be in the detail of what "To-Do" really means. 

I'm obviously disappointed in the delay as well - but like most  I can be understanding about the delay and wanting it right. 

I wish I had your optimism. 😉 Without ED clarifying the situation as what "to do" means - I'm left to reevaluate based on variables I know:

What I see at present is that we have had no more training/demo video's on the AH-64 since the TSD navigation over a month ago. There is yet to be video's on various weapon use, George control, etc, (if I go by how the Hind was featured prior to release). Not much to go by - but all I have really. This gives me the gut feeling without any other details that Q1 is unlikely and Q2 is more realistic. I hope I'm wrong - but 2 delays, plus the lack of training video's, and 6 separate items on the to-do list has me thinking 'to do' is more about the need to finish development than it is tweaking already developed systems.

It's all best guess and conjecture. The people who know the best still have been getting dates wrong, so what hope do I have of guessing right with less information. 

Either way - I wish ED all the best with their development and appreciate the work they do. 

All of the 'To Do' items are currently in progress, with several of them almost complete, just to clarify, thanks!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

SigDCSNew.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Im happy to wait for a better Apache release, I have all the helicopters except the Mi28, with the Apache on the way I feel a lot of DCS players this is going to be their first helicopter and foray into a war on the ground, will the Apache bring updates to the ground AI as it is pretty lacking in what they can and cannot do as far as AI routing, dispersal and other stuff, plenty of DCS players are going to see this once they enter the ground war, I know it was mentioned at some point last year but i sure how its on the high priority list ??

Cheers

Edited by Hotdognz