Release by end of Q1 2022

xavnl

25 minutes ago, Spectre1986 said:

Oh man, I hope it is soon. I just got my K-51 collective in and mounted today. This thing is amazing in the Huey, I can't wait to try it in the Apache! I didn't think it'd make much difference over using my Virpil CM3 throttle as a collective, but it is a HUGE difference!

I’m with you I just bought the virpil collective, so it’ll be here when it gets here. 

On 10/12/2021 at 11:07 PM, Brass2-1 said:

I suspect the digital skies will initially be filled with yahoos like myself trying to figure out stirring the soup  and hovering...but I do think there are a lot of rotary wing fans that will both be born and come out of the woodwork. 

I came out of the “woodwork” long ago with Janes Longbow & digital integrations Apache Longbow… Apart from the B-17 & B-52 that id love to see flyable in a in depth sim (hopes are high for Microprose’s B-17III currently in development) the Apache ranks right up there. And it’s been long overdue for a Apache sim. And what better then one in DCS can we expect?

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Does anyone know? Will the module go full price as soon as it's released or will it still feature a discount, just a smaller one?

The reason why I'm asking is because I will definitively not be buying it until it's out in the Wild and I can read and hear some feedback on the VR performance of the Apache and DCS World in general.

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

6 minutes ago, cfrag said:

"Resistance is futile."

You will buy it. Might as well do it now 🙂

No I will not. Neither should anyone. Not after spending thousands of dollars for VR gear that's gathering dust because Eagle Dynamics can't get it's act together. Are you familiar with the sunk cost fallacy principle? 

Edited by Lurker

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

On 10/12/2021 at 11:30 AM, Bedouin said:

In the last video from Wags he mentioned that from now on, we will start by getting the tutorial/lessons videos and no more sneak peaks... so maybe already this week or the next

Speaking of.... the silence is deafening, isn't it? Need! More! Stuff! 😂🤗

• Thanks 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Exiting DCS times 😅

I'm checking the forum a few times a day, in hope of a Patch Status Thread notification in the upper right corner of my screen.

Same can be said about YouTube notifications.. Each time I see that red dot, I'm thinking "AH-64D startup video? :shocking:"

We know about the FAQ thread@BIGNEWY and @NineLine. This entire thread is just pure love and anxiety on what's to come 😉 

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

22 hours ago, Lurker said:

No I will not. Neither should anyone. Not after spending thousands of dollars for VR gear that's gathering dust because Eagle Dynamics can't get it's act together. Are you familiar with the sunk cost fallacy principle? 

I agree with this, pre-ordering 20 years ago made sense, there were a limited amount of physical copies so if you wanted something on launch day you best pre-order

These days its digital copies ... its not like they are going to run out of ones and zeros, you can still pre-order 24hours before launch, get the same discount and at least know what you are getting by the point

The lack of any tutorial videos from Matt is pretty telling, its going to be a while I feel before the apache is out 😞

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

2 hours ago, HC_Official said:

The lack of any tutorial videos from Matt is pretty telling, its going to be a while I feel before the apache is out 😞

They seem to work really hard on advancing the Viper lately. Which is a good thing on its own! I'm aware, that those are different teams, but I imagine there are still some bottlenecks all modules need to pass (Wags being one of them).

I'm still optimistic for an "around christmas"-launch, though! (I need to be!!! 😅, would be so nice to play with it on the holidays...🙈)

(to be real, I'd have plenty to do with the mosquito and hind still - but I have the patience of a puppy and the attention span of a fly...😂😐)

Edited by Hiob

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"