9 years on, 3+ years away…now back with questions & thoughts.

Airwolf-CAVU

BLUF: Thrilled to be back...been jealous reading the forums and watching evolutions of DCS over the past few years.  Would appreciate your help, so skip to the Questions section to bypass my melodramatic summary…

I love DCS…I could not be happier with the trajectory, and it’s thrilling that study sims are making a comeback.  I attribute this largely to IL-2 (including RoF) and DCS....things certainly seemed dead even in the early 2010s.    So happy I no longer have to dwell on my first study sim loves: Microprose F-15 SE III, Janes F15, Longbow.  However, as with many of you, it’s been a love-hate relationship that has ebbed and flowed over the years…here’s my quick story (please correct if memory provides inaccuracies):

My DCS Story:

• 2009 – started with OG Black Shark
    • CPU: AMD Phenom II 965BE
    • GPU: Single HD5970
    • Top-of-the-line system; ran well, maybe 45fps, generally had a good time at 720p during real missions
  • 2010 – picked up A-10C and never went back to Black Shark
    • Perf degrading, usually kept over 30fps at 720p...I started to get concerned.
    • Generally enthralled but not much campaign/community content…interest came and went. Sadly, this would be the last year I could play DCS well on my 2 year old system (was top-of-line).
  • 2011 – DCS World launched…perf got worse, still only flew the Hawg
    • CPU: AMD Phenom II 965BE, but OC’d it more…didn’t help much (see BLAB)
    • GPU: 2x HD5970s…added another card, didn’t help much (see BLAB) 
    • Struggled with maintaining 30fps at 720p
    • BLAB: DCSW does not utilize multiple CPU cores well, nor does it utilize Crossfired GPUs. Super!  At least I could play all the other games…so I often did for the next 4 years. :(
  • 2015 – DCS 1.5 launched;  DCS 2.0alpha launched
    • GPU: New GTX 970 helped me take a swipe at 1080p…but just barely
    • Struggled to stay above 20fps at 1080p during heavy action
    • EDGE turned out to be a great long-term bet by ED…yet it did not solve my now very aged CPU/GPU combinations or fix the single-core single-GPU emphasis (as some suspected it may).
  • 2017 to 2021 – sent overseas for 3+ years
    • CPU/GPU: Packed away in my HHG, no sim’ing, no fun…
    • At least once a week….for 3+ years…. I read about DCS’s progress and watched the YouTube/Instagram videos proliferate…could not BELIEVE the announcements around F-16, AH-64D, F-18, F-14…WOW!  Mind blown…but all I could do was track things and wait to return back CONUS to give it another go.
  • 2021 – DCS 2.7, I gave up and went gangbuster…didn’t even try to run on my old system
    • CPU:  i7-10700K OC’d to 4.85
    • GPU:  RTX 3080
    • NOTE: I did try using my GTX 970 with the new CPU…and still only managed 30-45fps at 1080p.  HAHA!  Just proves you need both CPU and GPU to be top-of-the-line to really get any mileage out of DCS.
    • For the first time in 10 years, I can play DCS smoothly again…and for the first time ever I’m at 60+fps on Ultra doing 1440p.  IT IS INCREDIBLE….and it only cost me about $2,400!

My Beefs with DCS (I love all the same stuff you love, btw…that list is too long):

• Performance = no question here…it costs a fortune to run DCS well and consistently over time.  And I’m praying that my current top-of-the-line system keeps me at playable framerates longer than my last top-of-the-line system (2 years).
  • Reliably merging the Aircraft with the World = missions/campaigns still seem super-buggy and constantly requiring high-LoE updates to maintain functionality as DCS constantly upgrades.  It sucks to just be doing the same out-of-box missions from 2010 for A-10C.   ED: you guys built these AMAZING high-fidelity aircraft…and this incredible digital world with beautiful clouds, terrain, and units on the ground…but are failing at unifying those 2 aspects together in a reliable and consistent way via community/ED-sponsored campaigns that do not fall apart every few months. [head-on-desk]

My Questions to the community:

• Is ED seriously not supporting Red Flag for NTTR and A-10C II on 2.7?
    • Building NTTR seemed like a questionable gamble for ED (not sure it paid off considering the new theaters, little content for NTTR I see now)…but having worked there before, I LOVED IT.  And I adored the Red Flag Campaign…so is ED also falling victim to their own AI-brutality in mission design breaking with upgrades…is it too much of a pain for even ED to update? Should I ask for a refund here?
  • Why does A-10C original even exist?
    • I was quite surprised to see that OG A10 still is a separate module…how confusing and unnecessary.  Why? It’s been over a year.  All the content should be A-10C II by now…
  • What SP campaigns should I play for A-10C II?  Seems like just Enemy Within 3.0 - really?
    • I want Red Flag…but see above.
    • I played Enemy Within back in the day…happy to see there’s a 3.0 supporting A10-C II here.
    • I see Piercing Fury is user-supported now…but it’s failing me on Mission 2 (I saw the fix threads…but don’t have time to screw with this stuff in the waning hours after the kids go to sleep…I just want to fly and blow sh*t up, fixes not working for me).
  • Given the above experience with A10-C II - what do you think of investing in Hornet?  What’s the single player campaign story there?
    • I really want to dive into the Hornet once it goes on sale.  I’m thinking to buy:
      • Hornet
      • SuperCarrier
      • Persian Gulf
      • Raven One
    • But that’s a lot of money just to potentially be disappointed that I cannot play through campaigns after upgrades, etc.
  • Other recommendations?
    • I bought F-14 from HB…even though I won’t have time to study it.  Just bought because I read they did a great job and want to support 3rd party on awesome modules like this.
    • I’m definitely going all-in on AH-64D (same story, support the cause) but again worried about SP Campaign content…

Thanks everyone and cheers

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Airwolf-CAVU said:

BLUF: Thrilled to be back...been jealous reading the forums and watching evolutions of DCS over the past few years.  Would appreciate your help, so skip to the Questions section to bypass my melodramatic summary…

I love DCS…I could not be happier with the trajectory, and it’s thrilling that study sims are making a comeback.  I attribute this largely to IL-2 (including RoF) and DCS....things certainly seemed dead even in the early 2010s.    So happy I no longer have to dwell on my first study sim loves: Microprose F-15 SE III, Janes F15, Longbow.  However, as with many of you, it’s been a love-hate relationship that has ebbed and flowed over the years…here’s my quick story (please correct if memory provides inaccuracies):

My DCS Story:

• 2009 – started with OG Black Shark
    • Top-of-the-line system; ran well, maybe 45fps, generally had a good time at 720p during real missions
  • 2010 – picked up A-10C and never went back to Black Shark
    • Perf degrading, usually kept over 30fps at 720p...I started to get concerned.
    • Generally enthralled but not much campaign/community content…interest came and went. Sadly, this would be the last year I could play DCS well on my 2 year old system (was top-of-line).
  • 2011 – DCS World launched…perf got worse, still only flew the Hawg
    • CPU: AMD Phenom II 965BE, but OC’d it more…didn’t help much (see BLAB)
    • GPU: 2x HD5970s…added another card, didn’t help much (see BLAB) 
    • Struggled with maintaining 30fps at 720p
    • BLAB: DCSW does not utilize multiple CPU cores well, nor does it utilize Crossfired GPUs. Super!  At least I could play all the other games…so I often did for the next 4 years. 😞
  • 2015 – DCS 1.5 launched;  DCS 2.0alpha launched
    • GPU: New GTX 970 helped me take a swipe at 1080p…but just barely
    • Struggled to stay above 20fps at 1080p during heavy action
    • EDGE turned out to be a great long-term bet by ED…yet it did not solve my now very aged CPU/GPU combinations or fix the single-core single-GPU emphasis (as some suspected it may).
  • 2017 to 2021 – sent overseas for 3+ years
    • CPU/GPU: Packed away in my HHG, no sim’ing, no fun…
    • At least once a week….for 3+ years…. I read about DCS’s progress and watched the YouTube/Instagram videos proliferate…could not BELIEVE the announcements around F-16, AH-64D, F-18, F-14…WOW!  Mind blown…but all I could do was track things and wait to return back CONUS to give it another go.
  • 2021 – DCS 2.7, I gave up and went gangbuster…didn’t even try to run on my old system
    • CPU:  i7-10700K OC’d to 4.85
    • GPU:  RTX 3080
    • NOTE: I did try using my GTX 970 with the new CPU…and still only managed 30-45fps at 1080p.  HAHA!  Just proves you need both CPU and GPU to be top-of-the-line to really get any mileage out of DCS.
    • For the first time in 10 years, I can play DCS smoothly again…and for the first time ever I’m at 60+fps on Ultra doing 1440p.  IT IS INCREDIBLE….and it only cost me about $2,400!

My Beefs with DCS (I love all the same stuff you love, btw…that list is too long):

• Performance = no question here…it costs a fortune to run DCS well and consistently over time.  And I’m praying that my current top-of-the-line system keeps me at playable framerates longer than my last top-of-the-line system (2 years).
  • Reliably merging the Aircraft with the World = missions/campaigns still seem super-buggy and constantly requiring high-LoE updates to maintain functionality as DCS constantly upgrades.  It sucks to just be doing the same out-of-box missions from 2010 for A-10C.   ED: you guys built these AMAZING high-fidelity aircraft…and this incredible digital world with beautiful clouds, terrain, and units on the ground…but are failing at unifying those 2 aspects together in a reliable and consistent way via community/ED-sponsored campaigns that do not fall apart every few months. [head-on-desk]

My Questions to the community:

• Is ED seriously not supporting Red Flag for NTTR and A-10C II on 2.7?
    • Building NTTR seemed like a questionable gamble for ED (not sure it paid off considering the new theaters, little content for NTTR I see now)…but having worked there before, I LOVED IT.  And I adored the Red Flag Campaign…so is ED also falling victim to their own AI-brutality in mission design breaking with upgrades…is it too much of a pain for even ED to update? Should I ask for a refund here?
  • Why does A-10C original even exist?
    • I was quite surprised to see that OG A10 still is a separate module…how confusing and unnecessary.  Why? It’s been over a year.  All the content should be A-10C II by now…
  • What SP campaigns should I play for A-10C II?  Seems like just Enemy Within 3.0 - really?
    • I want Red Flag…but see above.
    • I played Enemy Within back in the day…happy to see there’s a 3.0 supporting A10-C II here.
    • I see Piercing Fury is user-supported now…but it’s failing me on Mission 2 (I saw the fix threads…but don’t have time to screw with this stuff in the waning hours after the kids go to sleep…I just want to fly and blow sh*t up, fixes not working for me).
  • Given the above experience with A10-C II - what do you think of investing in Hornet?  What’s the single player campaign story there?
    • I really want to dive into the Hornet once it goes on sale.  I’m thinking to buy:
      • Hornet
      • SuperCarrier
      • Persian Gulf
      • Raven One
    • But that’s a lot of money just to potentially be disappointed that I cannot play through campaigns after upgrades, etc.
  • Other recommendations?
    • I bought F-14 from HB…even though I won’t have time to study it.  Just bought because I read they did a great job and want to support 3rd party on awesome modules like this.
    • I’m definitely going all-in on AH-64D (same story, support the cause) but again worried about SP Campaign content…

Thanks everyone and cheers

Well you seem very serious..
Heres my take, Buy the Hornet!
Relax a little..
Buy Syria!

Relax some more..
Buy the Mi8..
Enjoy the game..

If you find yourself wanting more, buy some more..
Thats my opinion.

Lets hear from others on what they think.

• Like 1

Welcome back!

Hornet is one of the most complete modules currently, and some good content with it. Raven One is great, it's also worth checking out the Serpents Head trilogy (Ford Trilogy?). First one is free in user files, 2nd one is a paid campaign, and the adventure continues in the Rise of Persian Lion paid campaign.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302729/

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/campaigns/fa-18c_serpents_head_2_campaign/

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/campaigns/fa-18c_rise_of_the_persian_lion_campaign/

F-14 is great for sure. If you don't have a human to RIO with you the AIORIO extension of Vaicom is a pretty cool voice-command substitute: https://www.vaicompro.com/

Huey is a module I seem to always circle back to. Mi-8 is also good and has lots of content available for it. Both are can be a good change of pace.

DCS WW2 stuff has made big improvements this year.

Also, in case you missed it, there's a trial program available now, so you can try any of the modules for free for two weeks: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/licensing/trial/

Short answer attempt;
"Missions" and campaigns are not the main content in DCS World. In other words, one misses a broader picture if single player activities are restricted to clicking the "mission" or "campaign" button or thinking of the Hornet in terms of a single player campaign.

You buy the plane, not a story. If you want a story, you buy the DLC missions. DCS World created a Mission Editor for people to make their own missions and stories and fill the sandbox as desired. The point of my saying this is not to tell you you cannot enjoy something the way you want to, only that you miss out on so much by not looking at DCS as a sandbox. You want to fly a Hornet 12 times? I don't think anyone should think in terms of missions being the limiter.

Viewpoint one: what campaign can I get with the Hornet? (you play only misisons then hard stop)

Viewpoint two: what community missions can I download now? (you play all the existing content and look for more to play which extens it quite immeasurably)

Viewpoint three: What can I create myself? (You never ever run out of things to do)

And it doesn't take long. For example, Like a mission that comes baked in? Now try it at night. or bad weather. Anyone can download a mission, load it, play it, then change the weather or time of day, you dont need to scroipt to set a clock. There are people who upload missions and campaigns that are infinitely replayable. These missions/mods/skins, created by people not interested in gaining money for selling their effort are the gold dust that is called our community.

Also, don't question yourself buying the Hornet. It's a fascinatingly versatile plane that can do everything well, It takes months to get through all the videos and training to any type of proficiency. If you like planes, this is the pinnacle of simulation. If you start to like the Hornet, you will find that your wallet crept out of your jacket, ran to the PC over night and bought the super carrier anyway. And the rest is what we should seek help for, because it snowballs.

• Like 2

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

You already have the best module, the Tomcat. So fly that. It has a campaign, with another part coming, and you can pick up Cage the Bear which is another excellent campaign.
When you want to fly something slower and uglier (lol) get the Hornet, but I'd get the F-16 instead.
Apache is a no brainer, it'll be epic.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Airwolf-CAVU said:

Why does A-10C original even exist?

It was actually a smart move. ED made sure not to break anything for the old A-10C module. There is tons of content for it, some of it payware, so they couldn't just swap the new jet into the old slot. The old A-10C still got a whole bunch of upgrades as the A-10C II came out, so that's a big win IMO.

On the other hand, DCS World still evolves around, and beyond, the legacy A-10C, and I guess that's the reason some of the content is no longer supported, which is both understandable, and a shame, from my point of view.

What SP campaigns should I play for A-10C II?  Seems like just Enemy Within 3.0 - really?

I can certainly recommend this campaign. 🙂

I also always hear great things about the Maple Flag Qualification campaigns, but haven't flown them (except for a sneak peek way back before DCS World).

Given the above experience with A10-C II - what do you think of investing in Hornet?  What’s the single player campaign story there?

I love the Hornet, it's a great module. Together with the Supercarrier, it's simply amazing.

You mentioned Raven One, and that is certainly an amazing campaign. I haven't read the book (yet), but I love the campaign.

Baltic Dragon keeps supporting his work, he's very active on his own Discord and follows all the bug reports. I think the support he's giving these products is yet another strong selling point (just to be clear, I'm involved with some of his campaigns as a tester; and I know too little about the other campaign authors so I don't want to give the impression they're not doing an equally great job - I simply don't know).

Other recommendations?

The Persian Gulf is obviously required for the Raven One campaign. But my favorite terrain has been Syria ever since the map came out. I just love flying there, hopping by Israel and Lebanon, maybe take a peek into Cyprus, pass by the Turkish coastline and then say hello to Adana on the way to Incirlik. I think the level of detail on that map is the gold standard so far.

@Airwolf-CAVU

I am one of the new kids on the block. I just joined in Feb. 2019, so less than two years.

I am not the type that follows someone else's plans. 

Don't get me wrong, the campaigns are excellent. It's just not my cup of tea. I only play SP for now. I am still suffering PTSD from 6 years in War Thunder.  q4fEPdv.png

MP is going to have to wait for a while. 

Just in the short time that I have been here, ED has made some awesome improvements to the mission editor

and introduced some great new modules and maps that have run up my credit card balance a lot, but I love it. 

As @Pikey said above:  

"You buy the plane, not a story. If you want a story, you buy the DLC missions. DCS World created a Mission Editor for people to make their own missions and stories and fill the sandbox as desired. The point of my saying this is not to tell you you cannot enjoy something the way you want to, only that you miss out on so much by not looking at DCS as a sandbox."

There is so much more to DCS than just the "stories". Stories are great, but I prefer to create my own. That's just me.

If you don't or can't take the time to create your own that's totally cool. I just hate to see you miss out on so much more than just the pre- made campaigns and missions.

ED has made some new missions and campaigns that I hear are just awesome. Maybe I'll take a break and try them out, but I'm having too much fun with the ME.

I spend most of my time flying helicopters and am currently in love with the new Mi-24P and I am holding my breath (and wallet) for the Apache.

I live near Mesa Arizona where they were made and used to hang out near the factory hoping to get a glimpse of them on a test flight.

Everyone has their own preferences and I want to sum up by saying welcome back to DCS. 

Take advantage of the two week free trials.   Good luck with your choices.  HVYapur.png

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

If you like naval aviation even a little bit, buy the Hornet. 

Content? One thing to say: DCS Liberation.  Freeware, opensource, stand-alone and constantly improving turn-based campaign generator / manager.  It makes the world come alive. Suddenly, your flight is a small part of a big war, and there are constantly things happening around you that surprise you (from both the blue and red forces).  You can plan complex packages with realistic division of roles (ToT finally means something).  Or, you can just let Liberation task you, and fly what you're given.  Very flexible. 

I've never even bothered with the add-on campaigns.  

Edited by Stearmandriver
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

Content? One thing to say: DCS Liberation.  Freeware, opensource, stand-alone and constantly improving turn-based campaign generator / manager.  It makes the world come alive. Suddenly, your flight is a small part of a big war, and there are constantly things happening around you that surprise you (from both the blue and red forces).  You can plan complex packages with realistic division of roles (ToT finally means something).  Or, you can just let Liberation task you, and fly what you're given.  Very flexible. 

I've never even bothered with the add-on campaigns.  

I downloaded it a few weeks ago, but I don't know how to install or use it. Do I need moose or mist, I have both?

Where do I install it?

Thanx in advance,  Ray

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

39 minutes ago, rayrayblues said:

I downloaded it a few weeks ago, but I don't know how to install or use it. Do I need moose or mist, I have both?

Where do I install it?

Thanx in advance,  Ray

I'm not an expert, just a user, but glad to tell you what I know:

1.  You don't need any extra script frameworks; everything needed is included with Liberation and automatically inserted in missions generated by Liberation.  You want to run Liberation as administrator and it will ask for your DCS install location (it usually auto-detects it).  Every time you run Liberation, it will ensure DCS permissions are set appropriately.

2.  You don't really install Liberation; just unzip it and run the .exe.  You can do that from anywhere. 

After you set up your campaign in Liberation, it generates a DCS mission that you just load up and fly in DCS.  It can be single player, or with as many multiplayer slots as you want, and you can edit the mission as you like in the editor before flying (weather etc).

• Thanks 1

@Stearmandriver

Cool man, thanx a lot. I'll give it a go.

Are there slots for helicopters, warbirds, or just jets?

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

36 minutes ago, rayrayblues said:

@Stearmandriver

Cool man, thanx a lot. I'll give it a go.

Are there slots for helicopters, warbirds, or just jets?

Anything flyable in DCS.  I believe it supports popular mods like the Skyhawk too.

I know it's always a pain to figure out a new application, but it really does completely change DCS once you figure it out, and it's pretty easy. 

On 10/9/2021 at 4:09 AM, Airwolf-CAVU said:

I was quite surprised to see that OG A10 still is a separate module…how confusing and unnecessary.  Why? It’s been over a year.  All the content should be A-10C II by now…

That's actually a really good question. We have some precedent set in the warbirds with the P-47. For the price of the single module we have the -30 (early), -30, and -40 with their own separate systems, aerodynamics, and weapons availability. I believe the Fw190A8 was supposed to be the same with the F8 included in the package, just as the Clipped Wing Spit. Though the Clipped Wing Spit is a bit of an outlier because its systems and weapons are unchanged between the two versions. 

So reasonably, the OG A-10C and the A-10C-II should be wrapped in the same package rather than two separate modules. Don't we need the OG module to use the -II anyways, or was that a bug?  

i have both org and new A10C. i got a new computer and org is still not installed. i see no point. but i get content for it and tailor it to my liking. as stated change time of day or skill level of AI. Liberation is really good too.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Thanks everyone for the thoughtful responses and the welcome back.

ON AIRCRAFT:

On 10/8/2021 at 3:35 PM, Munkwolf said:

Hornet is one of the most complete modules currently, and some good content with it.

On 10/8/2021 at 10:00 PM, Yurgon said:

I love the Hornet, it's a great module. Together with the Supercarrier, it's simply amazing.

On 10/9/2021 at 7:32 PM, Stearmandriver said:

^^ Thanks Munkwolf for the links and Yurgon for the experienced opinion.  This seems to be the theme:  Hornet's a good option because it's nearing Release and has lots of community attention/content - more than the Mighty Hawg these days - plus its a versatile and fun aircraft to fly.  Insofar as naval aviation (outside the de facto interest from Top Gun), I have close family who drives the new Growler so may as well be able to study up and talk shop with him over beers, if I had to pick a module.

On 10/10/2021 at 1:40 AM, Nealius said:

That's actually a really good question. We have some precedent set in the warbirds with the P-47.

I think this is different though?  Those P-47s are variants of the same airframe...seems like with A-10C they're just adding more realism/currency to the existing airframe (block/lot).  In classic software dev, if you deprecate something it's usually for a short scoped time-period.  This reduces maintenance burden and keeps the UX simple (especially for new adopters...even for experience folks, keeping straight the different HOTAS commands in A-10C II vs. OG is just confusing as heck).

ON CAMPAIGNS/CONTENT:

On 10/8/2021 at 3:39 PM, Pikey said:

"Missions" and campaigns are not the main content in DCS World. In other words, one misses a broader picture if single player activities are restricted to clicking the "mission" or "campaign" button or thinking of the Hornet in terms of a single player campaign....You want to fly a Hornet 12 times?

On 10/9/2021 at 2:08 PM, rayrayblues said:

There is so much more to DCS than just the "stories". Stories are great, but I prefer to create my own. That's just me.

If you don't or can't take the time to create your own that's totally cool.

^^ Pikey and RRB, I appreciate the push here and definitely do see the value as being the Aircraft itself (it literally equates to the investment made); however, you hit the nail on the head: for me, it's simply time available right now at this phase in my life.  I bought  DCS: A-10 or DCS: F/A-18, not  DCS: Mission Builder...so, I want to spend points studying the aircraft not how to build IADS in Syria.   I'll spend hours cycling through tanking practice but avoid generating scenarios.   I think ED understands this tack and that's why they're after a Dynamic campaign engine plus releasing SP Campaigns bundled w/ some modules.  Meanwhile..Liberation?!

On 10/9/2021 at 7:32 PM, Stearmandriver said:

Content? One thing to say: DCS Liberation.

^^ thanks Stearmandriver - I had no idea this existed and, indeed, this is probably just the right balance of "Mission Building" I want to be involved in these days.   I'll definitely give this a try ASAP.

Edited by Airwolf-CAVU
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Airwolf-CAVU said:

Meanwhile..Liberation?!

^^ thanks Stearmandriver - I had no idea this existed and, indeed, this is probably just the right balance of "Mission Building" I want to be involved in these days.   I'll definitely give this a try ASAP.

Liberation is awesome. Heads up that it can produce some complex missions that can be a bit heavy on performance. That can be helped by running the Liberation missions in a dedicated server instance on same machine.

• Like 2