Black Shark at FSX Party

JimMack

• ED Team

For those in the West Country in the UK. On 29th November, the English version of Black Shark will be on display near Bristol (see http://www.rcsimulations.com for details).

The configuration will be with D-Box motion platform, TrackIR and Matrox TripleHead2Go, as integrated by RC Simulations. Come and fly it for yourself, you will be amazed!

Also on display will be the helicopter controls from LeftSide (see http://www.leftside-limited.com) picture attached.

For those with FSX friends, let them know, the hardware configurations work also with FSX, though obviously with an inferior helo flight model to DCS:Black Shark!

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

Thanks Jim,

for putting me in a bright light...:)

But you all should point your Eyes on the Set-up from RC-Simulations (click the image):

RC-S-Dbox.jpg

So - you can hardly see what's so fantastic about the D-Box on a picture.

... I will fill this gap in the next Two days:

Video is on the way!

Stay tuned!

Edit:

The Video is on line !

Thanks to Bob from RC Simulations for the raw video and to all involved Companys for their approval!

For those going to Bristol, you will be able to fly with this kit:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL9dLB_5dT0

"Ultimate Hardware"

A high Res version of the video will go up on this site later in the week in Downloads/Video

(OK... there are no buttons on the collective and there is also no Touch screen, not to speak about the fact that there are 'only' 3 screens ...,but this is a subject to change!:D)

So if you can make it to the show - don't hesitate!

Edited by urze

Urze You deserve to be in the spotlight mate, Your collective and mods are fantastic. As to Bobs set up from RC, I can confirm its amazing. Really adds alot of feeling when you are using it, Pity I cant afford the 10K price tag. Looking forward to Bristol, and I will see you there Jim, Hopefully You may even get me off the setup for 5 mins as well ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Your "news on the 15th" link... is that Groove I see in the right hand picture of the three? :) And is that Jim as well? I had the great pleasure of a fantastic tour around Duxford with Jim and a few other 504 members over the Easter weekend earlier this year.

The RC-Sim rig has come a long way since I went there a a couple of years ago to show them TouchBuddy.

So, who is going to the FSX show then? I might tempted, now that my enthusiasm for flying has regrown since I purchased the russian BS version. Yes, 500+ days without playing a single game, then WHAM Black Shark is out and I return... a little rusty though :)

Hopefully see you there.:thumbup:

Really? Cool.... I think you have something I might need ;-) Would that be a good time and place?

It will be an early arrival and early departure as I need to be back in Cambridge for the evening for a friend's birthday meal that I really cant get out of (I have tried!)

• ED Team

For those going to Bristol, you will be able to fly with this kit:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL9dLB_5dT0

"Ultimate Hardware"

A high Res version of the video will go up on this site later in the week in Downloads/Video

Edited by JimMack
Added Title

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Looks very nice, one question though. The video shows a boxed BS with age certification ( 16+ ), does this mean imminent release? Or was it a mockup?

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

• ED Team
Looks very nice, one question though. The video shows a boxed BS with age certification ( 16+ ), does this mean imminent release? Or was it a mockup?

It was a mockup, that has to be submitted to the various age rating authorities. You would not believe the amount of paperwork that has to be done to get a product onto retail shelves.

Thanks for the quick response, and there I was getting all excited!

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

Not sure if i can make this one i may be going Airsoft.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

Well, that was a fun trip down to Bristol. Good to talk to Jim and Urze there.

The RC Simulation Heavy Metal Band decide which Guitar to use, while Jim wonders where the groupies are!

IMG_6422.jpg

Bob surprises us all with the first viewing of the Daffodil Simulator!

IMG_6428.jpg

"Tell me again, what does this button do?"

IMG_6461.jpg

Urze says "Ah, I think I have the hang of it now", as he brings it in for a perfect nose first landing on the back of the IL76

IMG_6453.jpg

Jim takes the D-Box for a flight

IMG_6449.jpg

Anyone care to own up as to who the unknown three are?

IMG_6463.jpg

The D-Box just rocks, it really does. I`m sure I only need one kidney, right? :music_whistling: BS on a triplehead2go, with long reach joystick and decent collective, TIR4, Saitek Headphones (is that right??), all perched on top of the D-box. You almost couldnt get much better than that. I must have flown about 3 times as much today as I have flown BS at home so far. I`ll get the hang of it soon, honest!

Zorlac,Great pics!!!!!!!! The tripple head looks amazing! I also like the looks of those rudder pedals,they look ruggid and a comfortable size.

^^^EDIT^^^ Ahh,read through the entire thread and see the pedals are part of the larger D-Box platform.

Edited by badaboom

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

well the good looking one is me ;) thanks to Jim and Urze who looked after us on sat. Had a great time and loved flying with the platform. another great experience. the other two are floating around here, but are the quiet, shy types ;) honest.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

The D-Box looks awesome, big toys for big wallets users lol.

Curious, what was the system specs in regards to CPU, RAM & Video card that was displayed in this video? Tried to find them on the website, but could not find them…

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

Curious, what was the system specs in regards to CPU, RAM & Video card that was displayed in this video? Tried to find them on the website, but could not find them…

Will ask Bob the next days but, I think it's not the"Über" system you might expect.

I want also to drop some images (Thanks to Zorlac for support!)

and I want to thank all people -Espacially Carol and Bob and also the Yorkies(!)

th_FILE0257.jpg

for the warm Welcome in Bristol!

I had a really great time...

Lets start wit the FXS-Party at Sat:

Here you can see Jim and me (we both 'Again' ;) discussing about a set-up that will fit to people that never flew a helicopter before...;) )

IMG_6459.jpg

Jim and me flying

-and Yes! - when you once sat on a D-Box system it's hard to go home and enjoy it like you did before...

IMG_6441.jpg

What?! You don't know what I'm talking about?! - wait a sec... found the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL9dLB_5dT0

IMG_6454.jpg

There where these moments when Jim looked with glance and a smile on the screens while other where flying...

I think not only because Jim has such a great humour - no - I believe because he sees that a Idea has become reality. (thanks to all how are working so hard to make this happen!)

IMG_6456.jpg

I'm at "work":

(BTW: don't you also think I should cut my hair for the first time in seven years ?! ... maybe I will open a poll.... ;) )

IMG_6435.jpg

And this was also very nice (look at the water!):

IMG_6420.jpg

It was a really great day! Of course it was not as big as "The E3" , but It had it's own charm and I got In touch with many people I wouldn't be able to talk in this depth on a bigger show. Hope you got my point.

Thank you BoB for this grat event! (And make sure the bar is next year open up to the end!:megalol: )

But it ended not at Saturday night for me ...

Look what I did on Sunday!

This is what I call a Playground! :

FILE0340.jpg

Bob took me to the :

FILE0352.jpg

FILE0280.jpg

FILE0283.jpg

FILE0291.jpg

Many thanks to Alex for his time to give us a "special" tour !

FILE0315.jpg

And as every nice nice days had to come to an end, so did our....(..like also for some of this brave great birds...)

FILE0346.jpg

FILE0350.jpg

Of course I have much more pictures and also some Vids .

I will shift them over the Holidays and Do a special report about the Museum on my site...:)

See you next year at the RC-Simulations FSX-Party!

Edited by urze

Will ask Bob the next days but, I think it's not the"Über" system you might expect.

Its more simple as you might think...

Only one word:

Good

Cpu is a 6850 Core 2 duo/ Xp Pro / 2GB Memory / MSI MB 280GTX card.

BTW :

Here is a thread from the point of view of FS(X) Pilots about the FSX-Party in Bristol at Hovercontrol.com:

http://64.34.169.161/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=15597

Edited by urze