Key Binds - Weapon Release

StevanJ

On 10/11/2021 at 7:04 AM, SMH said:

You can disable sticky keys in Windows. You could also change the keybinds to anything you want without a modifier key.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-turn-off-sticky-keys-windows-10

I changed the keybind once, the last update reverted it back.

Hence the wish.

I use sticky keys, so I'm not disabling it every time I start up DCS 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StevanJ said:

I changed the keybind once, the last update reverted it back.

Hence the wish.

I use sticky keys, so I'm not disabling it every time I start up DCS 

Not every update does that but once in a while they seem to make changes that require keybinds to be completely redone. Fortunately it's pretty rare.

Anyway, once you've disabled Stickykeys in Windows they'll never bother you again so you can keep the default DCS keybinds. (Oh, sorry, I see you actually use them. Why? They're kind of for the disabled but you're obviously abled enough to fly DCS.)

Edited by SMH

Well If you really must know the details.
A family member has cerebral palsy, He plays using touch controls, but as ED have revoked the binds from the touch controls, he now has to fly one handed while his other hand is using the keyboard.

There is a long list of complaints with this game since ED made the changes into 2.7. Feel free to go into my post history to see my other issues, as im not going into them here.
Having a poor UI, in a game that constantly changes every update, while having a different routine (for no sake whatsoever) between similar modules, make this a wish that is sorely wanted.

I dont mind having a difficult weapons release button, but make them all the same ie 'Alt+Space', Dont give us 16 different ways (im exaggerating) to weapon release for 16 different modules..

Having different buttons for different modules (when they really shouldnt need to be) makes this game awfully unfriendly towards those that struggle with every day life.

• Like 2