VAICOM unwanted re-tuning of radios

Sharkku

The other day I was flying a multiplayer mission, me and my buddies were setting up for an A-A refueling. When I was in close, I called "ready pre contact" on VAICOM, but no matter how close I got I had a "return pre contact"-response. It turned out that there was a second tanker in the map, and sending the "ready pre contact"-message autotuned to that other tanker, even if I tuned to the correct frequency right before sending. And yes, I DO have easy communications turned OFF. Anyone have any ideas? Some other setting I need to adjust? Or is this a bug?

2 hours ago, Sharkku said:

The other day I was flying a multiplayer mission, me and my buddies were setting up for an A-A refueling. When I was in close, I called "ready pre contact" on VAICOM, but no matter how close I got I had a "return pre contact"-response. It turned out that there was a second tanker in the map, and sending the "ready pre contact"-message autotuned to that other tanker, even if I tuned to the correct frequency right before sending. And yes, I DO have easy communications turned OFF. Anyone have any ideas? Some other setting I need to adjust? Or is this a bug?

Is there maybe another option to turn easy comms off -inside VOICEATTACK/VAICOM pro ?   Because i have easy comms set to off inside DCS world, but VAICOM pro is reporting easy comms on? 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Is there maybe another option to turn easy comms off -inside VOICEATTACK/VAICOM pro ?   Because i have easy comms set to off inside DCS world, but VAICOM pro is reporting easy comms on? 
No, and it will always say easy comms on if you're not flying.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, AdrianL said:

Might help . You must have 'Instant Select' off

Instant Select does not tune the radio, even if "Select tunes radio" is on. So that is probably not the problem here. Rather Instant Select automatically selects the recipient who is named in a command. Thus if Sukumi is the currently selected ATC, then "Batumi, Inbound" will go to Batumi, and change the selected ATC recipient to Batumi for subsequent communications.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

3 hours ago, hreich said:

If the radio tuning is changing then you probably still have easy comms on. Your own setting for easy comms does not apply on some MP servers that force easy comms on no matter what you have set in your own DCS configuration. So it would help to know if this is just an MP issue, or if it happens in SP missions as well. 

Also, I have found that for AAR you sometimes need to give an explicit "Select" command to select the appropriate tanker. And if there is more than one tanker with the same call sign then there is no guarantee that this will work, even if they are on different frequencies. In that case, what has worked for me is to use the communications menu to make the initial contact with the tanker. This let's you distinguish between tankers with a common callsign but different frequencies. Once initial contact is made, "ready, precontact" seems to go to the correct tanker. Unfortunately, at this point VAICOM ignores the frequency setting when trying to identify the recipient of a command and will happily set the recipient to a unit that is not on the tuned frequency if it recognizes the callsign. And if easy communications is on then that causes the tuning to change too.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Well i play mostly single player, and i checked - instant select is off, easy comms is off in DCS...When i launch F-18 it's ok and easy comms are OFF, when i launch Ka-50 it says easy comms ON..Maybe it's something within BS module

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

4 hours ago, hreich said:
Well i play mostly single player, and i checked - instant select is off, easy comms is off in DCS...When i launch F-18 it's ok and easy comms are OFF, when i launch Ka-50 it says easy comms ON..Maybe it's something within BS module

Ah, yes. I haven't noticed that. But yes, there were issues with it a while back.

Edit: Well, there were issues. But no Easy Comms for me.

image.png

Edited by MAXsenna

Can you please send me pics of other settings in other tabs?

Do you have to switch PTT map when switching modules (i see you are at norm, i think my is at multi) 

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Can you please send me pics of other settings in other tabs?
Do you have to switch PTT map when switching modules (i see you are at norm, i think my is at multi) 
No. I ALWAYS use NORM. And I never use TX4 and TX6.
I have hot relay on for VA commands.
TX1 and TX2 changes dynamically, depending on which module I'm in , between Warthog, Cougar and MS FFB2.
TX3 and TX5 are currently only set on my Warthog, but that will change when I finally get to mod my FFB2 to have other grips.
I will post my settings later.

No. I ALWAYS use NORM. And I never use TX4 and TX6.
I have hot relay on for VA commands.
TX1 and TX2 changes dynamically, depending on which module I'm in , between Warthog, Cougar and MS FFB2.
TX3 and TX5 are currently only set on my Warthog, but that will change when I finally get to mod my FFB2 to have other grips.
I will post my settings later.

Thanks... Just in time ifor me to set up everything for apache

Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Here are my settings.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

And just for fun, to encourage those whose who reads this what can be achieved with VAICOM...

image.png

image.png

image.png

If you're interested to get even more out of VAICOM read this thread.

Word of note, I still use VAICOM 2.5.24 as the latest 2.5.25 just gives me too much grief.

Hopefully nest version will work for me.

Cheers!

Edited by MAXsenna

11 hours ago, hreich said:

Easy Communications can be forced by the mission. Open the mission causing trouble in the mission editor and look at the mission options. Perhaps Easy communications is being enforced.

• Like 1