Radar ENT Mode

Jagua

So, when I use this mode it's a copy the HFR mode? Is there any diference?

I saw that, when yu launch a missile, it automaticaly changes to HFR and when looses lock come back to ENT.

Edited by Jagua

It's supposed to be less performing against hot aircraft, and more performing against beaming and cold aircraft. In practice I found out that it's just worse that HFR against hot target.

But as said above, the upcoming radar update will implement a correct ENT mode that will be very different from what we have now.

Thanks

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

2 hours ago, Jagua said:

So, when I use this mode it's a copy the HFR mode? Is there any diference?

ENT is a mix of HFR (High Pulse Rate) + BFR (Low Pulse Rate) scans

• HFR scans use a doppler filter and display contacts like the current radar "V"

• BFR doesn't have a doppler filter, so is similar to ground mapping/Visual mode

There are couple of WIP videos of the WIP version of ENT on Razbam's Discord, there will eventually be a detail forum post on how all this stuff works closer to the release of the "new" radar modes, etc.

This static picture doesn't really capture it but it'll give you an idea

DCS M2000C WIP ENT, 2021-07-08.JPG

... the chevrons are displayed by one sweep and the ground by another, IIRC the order/number of HFR + BFR scans depends on the radar settings, number of bars, etc., so you might get 2x HFR scans followed by a single BFR scan depending on where you are in the scan pattern.

One thing to note that isn't shown in the screen shot above is that ENT only works out to 40 NM and reverts to pure HFR scans if the range is increased beyond that.

DCS M2000C WIP Radar, ENT mode is disabled beyond 40 NM range.JPG

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I understand that it's incomplete, but what I'd like to know is actually, before the update, how the ENT mode works. Is it already a mix of HFR and BFR? And does the BFR mode work today, even without showing the terrain mapping? 

14 hours ago, Jagua said:

Is it already a mix of HFR and BFR? And does the BFR mode work today, even without showing the terrain mapping? 

Not AFAIK or at least not very well.

See @myHelljumper's previous answer for how the current implementation is working.

Edited by Ramsay
  • Thanks 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080