Jester using LANTIRN

Dannyvandelft

52 minutes ago, Dannyvandelft said:

Is this coming in the next patch, and if so, could you give us a preview on how it will work?

The October 14th Open Beta patch, yes. I'd assume it would maybe look like how Petrovich does his thing in the Mi-24 but probably more refined. 

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

49 minutes ago, DSplayer said:

The October 14th Open Beta patch, yes. I'd assume it would maybe look like how Petrovich does his thing in the Mi-24 but probably more refined. 

I hope nothing like petrovich, as he cannot IFF friend from foe, the hind as it stands is useless because of it.  Lets hope Heatblur can do a better job than the failings that ED have released.

Ai gunship that can't identify,usefull lol, mind boggles on what ED see as a priority to implement prior to release.

So lets hope Jester can be smarter (ALOT), or rather the coders making him.

Edited by Hawkeye_UK

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

He can, and btw, @Super Grover again surpassed our wildest dreams. That is all I will say for now hehe. It is very intuitive, self explanatory (ofc useful to know what QDES or QSNO or QWIP, etc are), and has some nice extra features that let you as the player have some freedom beyond Jester's choices, too. 🙂

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

6 minutes ago, IronMike said:

He can, and btw, @Super Grover again surpassed our wildest dreams. That is all I will say for now hehe. It is very intuitive, self explanatory (ofc useful to know what QDES or QSNO or QWIP, etc are), and has some nice extra features that let you as the player have some freedom beyond Jester's choices, too. 🙂

Would that be something applicable to the TID too, to tell Jester to look at another TWS contact. So cycle the tracked targets?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

51 minutes ago, IronMike said:

Spending time in the RIO seat ones-self is a HUGE benefit to utilizing Jester.  If you know what you are doing back there, then you know what you need to ask.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, draconus said:

@Hawkeye_UK Never heard of IFF for ground units. Do you mean target identification? I'm sure Jester will be able to do that when the image on the fishbowl is big and clear enough.

Ok so i could have put CID but most people would be what do you mean, the point i was getting at was that Petrovich is looking through the scope and can visually see the unit he should be able to tell with his good old Mk1's and determine its target identification.  The current state of the module is that for complex and moving ground situations in MP with human tac commanders the hind is only good as a logistics bird at best.  It's extreamely dissapointing that the most important thing for an attack chopper is that the front seat can determine what he's firing at and ED have totally failed to deliver, it should have been top of the list along with flight model on release.  It's not an EA issue either, im fully supportive of that feature, it's a release culture issue of lets have shiny and noisy things first over critical systems (sell modules for SP with labels on) and for example would have chosen to implement Petrovich AI over say having ATGM's at launch, they should have come after as useless when the AI cannot safely deploy them.

Incidentally some ground forces can and do carry a form of IFF.  Its an area that is currently being heavily researched and invested in across various Nato Partners.

Anyway lets get back on point about Jester AI - im confident that Heatblur being Heatblur will do an amazing job and good to hear IronMike confirm, perhaps they can share their know how with the Mi24 team, just give them the code lol if they can't !

Edited by Hawkeye_UK
  • Like 1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

8 hours ago, IronMike said:

Quoted for truth.

31 minutes ago, Tank50us said:

Ya know, with all this functionality that Jester will have, it's a shame that Razbam opted not to use him in the Mudhen. This ability right here is ultimately what that rear seat is for.

Exactly: I understand not everyone has the know-how and/or time to develop such a feature properly, but that's what licenses are for. And DCS as a whole can only improve from that.

On 10/7/2021 at 12:46 PM, IronMike said:

ofc useful to know what QDES or QSNO or QWIP, etc are

QFE 😉

Edited by Raven (Elysian Angel)
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

4 hours ago, Tank50us said:

Ya know, with all this functionality that Jester will have, it's a shame that Razbam opted not to use him in the Mudhen. This ability right here is ultimately what that rear seat is for.

Rear seat in the Mudhen is completely different. You can do everything from the front.

• Like 1