Jump to content

Viper Slap Switch


Steel Jaw
 Share

Recommended Posts

It’s 5 in BMS, I believe. It’s 5 in DCS as well. 
 

Anyone know why we don’t have a Program 6 in DCS? Was it a MLU only thing?
Is ‘CMS left’ used for something else in the USAF version we’re getting? Towed decoy deployment maybe?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/6/2021 at 1:43 AM, AvroLanc said:

It’s 5 in BMS, I believe. It’s 5 in DCS as well. 
 

Anyone know why we don’t have a Program 6 in DCS? Was it a MLU only thing?
Is ‘CMS left’ used for something else in the USAF version we’re getting? Towed decoy deployment maybe?

We do have program 6, it's the Bypass mode. It releases 1 chaff and 1 flare by default. 

 

Go to DCSWorld\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Scripts\EWS\CMDS\device, open the CMDS_ALE47.lua with notebook. It says: 

 

-- MAN 6 - BYPASS mode
programs[ProgramNames.MAN_6] = {
    chaff = {
        burstQty     = 1,
        burstIntv    = 0.02,
        salvoQty    = 1,
        salvoIntv    = 0.5,
    },
    flare = {
        burstQty    = 1,
        burstIntv    = 0.02,
        salvoQty    = 1,
        salvoIntv    = 0.5,
    },
}

 

You could edit program 1-5, so you don't have to configure your CMS programs everytime you get into a new jet. I haven't tried edit program 6, since I don't use bypass mode, but you could give it a try. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, SCPanda said:

We do have program 6, it's the Bypass mode. It releases 1 chaff and 1 flare by default. 

 

Go to DCSWorld\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Scripts\EWS\CMDS\device, open the CMDS_ALE47.lua with notebook. It says: 

 

-- MAN 6 - BYPASS mode
programs[ProgramNames.MAN_6] = {
    chaff = {
        burstQty     = 1,
        burstIntv    = 0.02,
        salvoQty    = 1,
        salvoIntv    = 0.5,
    },
    flare = {
        burstQty    = 1,
        burstIntv    = 0.02,
        salvoQty    = 1,
        salvoIntv    = 0.5,
    },
}

 

You could edit program 1-5, so you don't have to configure your CMS programs everytime you get into a new jet. I haven't tried edit program 6, since I don't use bypass mode, but you could give it a try. 


Ok, but I’m not sure Bypass mode should be called Program 6 though. 
 

In BMS there’s dedicated P6 in addition to Bypass mode. It’s activated with CMS Left. Again, I’m not sure how accurate it is for a 2007 USAF Viper. 
 

(In BMS you could have 3 different programs available with only 1 button press required….CMS Forward (P1-4), CMS Left (P6), and the Slap Switch.)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, AvroLanc said:


Ok, but I’m not sure Bypass mode should be called Program 6 though. 
 

In BMS there’s dedicated P6 in addition to Bypass mode. It’s activated with CMS Left. Again, I’m not sure how accurate it is for a 2007 USAF Viper. 
 

(In BMS you could have 3 different programs available with only 1 button press required….CMS Forward (P1-4), CMS Left (P6), and the Slap Switch.)

Yeah, it's different in BMS. 

 

But I guess the functions of the CMS switch depends on the blocks. According to ED and the manual we have in DCS, CMS left (currently) has no functions. I have the warthog stick so I bind the slap switch (in DCS I think it's called chaff/flare release) to the CMS depress function on my stick. In this way I could have two programs available on my hotas: CMS forward for program 1 (this is the only manual program I use and I edited the lua file to make program 1 release chaff only), and CMS depress for program 5 (flare only). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...