How do I get the view of the fuel setting elements using snap view?

wernst

I'm able to save any snap view from the pilot's seat which is available under key 1.

The view of the fuel setting elements is only possible by swapping to the second seat (key 2) and by turning the view 180 degrees.

All attempts to save a snap view from this fuel panel view have failed. It's not possible, neither from seat 1 (key 1) nor from seat 2 (key 2).

How should I do this? (I don't have TrackIR or any VR item) 

Edited by wernst

Assign keyboard keys to control the fuel valves and never look back. Literally and metaphorically. 🙂

Edited by Bozon

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

1 hour ago, Bozon said:

Assign keyboard keys to control the fuel valves and never look back. Literally and metaphorically. 🙂

Thanks, Bozon. "Never look back" - I like that. The "literal" meaning of this wisdom is a useful tip mainly for start-up. 

But for the immersion, I love turning valves that I can see directly. On the fuel setting panel there are even more valves, e.g. to the right, the fuel transfer valve,

extra oil pressure boost and a some buttons for oil dilution and engine out-cut. I don't want to put all these controls on key bindings.

Of course I can also use the hot start, but that's not flying in the DCS world, is it?

But thanks again for the metaphorical inspiration.

Edited by wernst

^ Send a PM to @SUNTSAG. If he used lots of zoomed snap-views in these official pre-release introduction videos, maybe he can share relevant files with you, or at least offer an advice.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

@wernst I was jesting of course. I understood your intention. I also like to manually click on levers and switches in the cockpit, and for startup I jump into the starboard seat, turn around and mess with the fuel and radio. I personally don’t need custom views for that specifically. During flight I am too busy, so I use the keyboard for quick blind tank switching - just the two valves, the others you don’t need to operate in a hurry. Maybe the external tanks compression? I haven’t used drop tank much yet.

I fully support your request for custom views from the observer’s seat. I would like to set one for the R/T radios because track-ir pointing is less accurate at large rotation angles (non linear calibration curves).

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!