• Visa, CD delivery
    • Visa, Download
    • PayPal, CD delivery
    • PayPal, Download

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paypal and download. (Working on getting paypal account now) and i hope that the download will be in sections (like 200megs each section) as my connection tends to drop out sometimes, and i dont wanna have to download a 700meg file in one hit, as i guarentee my connection will drop out atleast once.

[0]heypete writes "[1]Hurricane Electric is now offering [2]BitTorrent tracker/seeder services on behalf of paying customers. One need only upload the file desired to a specified directory by FTP, and their system will automatically generate a torrent file, add it to a tracker for that customer, and act as a "seed" to ensure that the file is available to downloaders. This could prove to be extremely useful for distributors of large files (such as Linux distributions), as bandwidth for the tracker and seeding services does not count against the bandwidth quota for the account."

Discuss this story at:

http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=05/01/24/2326228

Links:

0. mailto:pete@heypete.com

1. http://he.net/

2. http://he.net/faq/bittorrent.html

BitTorrent may be an option for distribution.

BitTorrent is the best choice to quickly distribute a big file around the net, but I never heard about secured torrents before. If they could make it "commercial" and protected from piracy, then it would be the best way for destribution.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

For me, I only have mastercard and never used PayPal before. So in any case no VISA for me (don't know about Paypal). I would like to download it and be able to burn it on cd so I can reinstall it if I have to.

Your six.......will not exist much longer!

I have had very bad experiences with purchasing downloadable software (mainly because of copy protection).

If a CD is not available I will not even really consider getting the add-on (though I have waited over half a decade in suspense for this plane).

Instead I will wait and hope that there is a CD type release in the west someday that has the Ka-50 and the Su-25T.

Why only Visa? Will you not be allowed to use MasterCard or Amex?

Also I would like to add that I can’t see how you’d be able to download anything over 150mb with a 56k modem. I mean it would take you what 8 hours or more, that’s nuts and with a download taking that long you can bet there’s going to be a lot of broken links and corrupted files.... to be honest if those that don’t have broadband aren’t given the opportunity to purchase a CD online and have it mailed to them then I fear ED will be receiving a lot of complaints…it could get pretty ugly around here soon after the release of FC.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

If Eagle is going with the credit card route, they should add Mastercard as an option. Visa and Mastercard are the two major credit cards in the U.S. and only having one is going to alienate a good portion of your propective audience.

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz // Nvidia GTX 1080Ti // 32 GB DDR4 RAM // 1 TB SSD

For those of you with CD burners that still want the CD, what is your primary motivation given that this option will be more expensive and you'll have to wait longer? Curious.

Thanks,

Matt

Hello Wags...

there might be several reasons...

i can point some...

a) internet traffic is usually expensive... at least when we are talking about almost 250MB download... unless you have a higher priced internet connection without traffic limits... so it would make sense to order the CD instead of being hours making a download and in the next cable modem/adsl provider the invoice has grown bigger...

b) there are going to be people even with broadband that due to network problems/limitations/distance are going to download veryyyyy slowly...

c) there might still be people without internet connection or with dialup connections which for the case in hand is basically the same... i am sure that many forum contributors, contribute most from their work place and computer, just like me... :)

d) the final and who knows the most important one... psychological effect.. i don´t know if having to record a lot of CD´s is a problem to ED... maybe you are afraid of that... i, for one, prefer to order a CD... for lazyness, pride and probably my psychiatrist can fill in the rest... i don´t know.. maybe it has something to do with the feeling of paying and GETTING something... when i bought my TrackIR, along with it came a Voice Buddy and some game editions... i also had a choice... Download or Physical CD...

even though i had to pay delivery charges... i chose physical CD.

and in a way, my subconscious tells me that i might be helping ED to sell CD versions, when in reality i am probably giving them a boatload of work...

maybe there are more people here that feel the same...

Excuse me for my ignorance but... what size is the 1.1 expected to be?

Thanks

Asus ROG Strix B-560-F, Intel i9-11900k, EVGA GTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000, 1TB WD Blue SN550 NVME SSD, Asus PB287Q 28" 3840x2160 TN 4K, Thrustmaster Warthog + F/A-18 HOTAS, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar, Thrustmaster TFRP rudder, Razer orbweaver chroma.

The artist formerly known as VVS 504 Wolverine.

Excuse me for my ignorance but... what size is the 1.1 expected to be?

Thanks

from the main page of this site:

Distribution

The product can be obtained in the following ways:

* Full version on CD: Russian version is distributed by 1C in the CIS territories;

* Web site download: Download the add-on to Lock On: Modern Air Combat (Lock On: Modern Air Combat required). -- The English version can be downloaded from http://www.LockOn.ru. Payment will be via PayPal and the download will be approximately 250 MB. The add will works with English, German and French versions of Lock On;

cobra_sig01.jpg

i just posted this on the Ubi Lock On Forum and i thought i should post it here too...

"35 bucks of the US of A is a true...

BARGAIN!

first: COD:UO costs here around 39 Euros.. equivelent to 50$US... this can vary slightly depending where it is bought, but... point made.

second: though i like COD very much and MOHAA also enough to make me buy all the games and expansions with a total investiment of around 85 Euros (110$US) for COD and another 130 Euros (170$US) for MOHAA, including Pacific Assault, they are still games that are immensely enjoyable WHILE i don´t get to the end and from then on it´s basically multiplayer with friends.

third: i was expecting more for FC. i was expecting something around 50$US... and truly.. ED deserves it...

fourth: FS2004 costs 80 Euros... 100$US. each add on or plane costs more than LO-MAC...

let´s get serious..."

the one thing i want to add is...

i hope Mastercard is also an option... that´s the card i have... otherwise, i´ll have to use my wife´s... and we all know that´s not a good idea...

The only reason I would wait for a mailed cd is if it came with a printed manual. Which it won't.

So my choice is d/l. I'd rather use VISA payment but hey I want the game so bad that i'd pay with Paypal as well.

ASUS P4T533-C|P4 3.06@3.45|1024Mb Kingston 1066 rambus|ATI 9.... *EDITED* - Listen to Mods!!!

Guest Johan217

I would like to point out that in some countries (e.g. Belgium), using PayPal is only possible with a credit card. Will there be other ways to pay?

I'm sure I am not alone in this situation. :cry:

I don't care if they use Visa or Paypal download, but I suppose that Visa is more "universal" because you don't have to register in Paypal.

But I'd really like a CD version with a BIG printed manual, I would pay for it like a complete new game, or more. It's the same that Sonalist will do with Dangerous Waters, a game that will be distributed online. May be you should consider this option.

Regards.

I don't care if they use Visa or Paypal download, but I suppose that Visa is more "universal" because you don't have to register in Paypal.

But I'd really like a CD version with a BIG printed manual, I would pay for it like a complete new game, or more. It's the same that Sonalist will do with Dangerous Waters, a game that will be distributed online. May be you should consider this option.

Regards.

Doing a big printed manual as standard, and expecting the same price for it, just won't happen any more.

If there is a future to big printed manuals, it lies with enthusiasts like Nic Cole printing them and selling them separately. I'm sure there are members of the community who would be happy to write additional material not available in the basic game documentation - Shepski did some for the Digital Aspirin.

http://www.lomac-manual.com

If you want big manuals again, as a community we have to bite the bullet and pay what they're worth . . . . . and not everyone will.

Some enthusiasts will, and that's great . . . . but we can't ask the developers, publishers, and gaming shops to include them as standard any more - it's just not economical.

v1.1 will apparently include much more comprehensive documentation than did the previous versions of Lomac . . . . . and I hope that ED and Nic Cole can come to some kind of arrangement for future products :)

Providing as many ways as possible to pay can only be in ED's best intrests. Can't it?

Yes, but if it costs them to set up the system to pay for it . . . . . then presumably there has to be a level of interest at which it becomes financially viable.

Only about a hundred people have actually voted in this thing so far, remember . . . . .