Wags

Lock On: Flaming Cliffs Distribution Option Polling  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Lock On: Flaming Cliffs Distribution Option Polling

• Visa, CD delivery
    • Visa, Download
    • PayPal, CD delivery
    • PayPal, Download

For those of you with CD burners that still want the CD, what is your primary motivation given that this option will be more expensive and you'll have to wait longer? Curious.

Thanks,

Matt

Tho it makes no difference to me, I can understand this...

There is something to be said about having the actual physical media in your hands from the manufacturer, than a burned cd copy...

Thanks,

Brett

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

both for me

i would like to purchase the download online. if its just a small fee extra to have a cd posted to my adress at the same time as downloading it that would be better. i also have a burner but would still like the original cd posting to me . as long as it dont delay the downloading. so i pay download it cd to follow within 3 to 8 weeks. cool for me..

lets get it going :P :P

Download with visa payment would suit me fine.

However, I understand that not everyone has broadband and/or a visa card so I think a cd option is a must also. I even dont mind if it delays the release by a couple of days. I have waited this long, I can wait a few more days.

Even though I have broadband and it would only take me about an hour to download I would still prefer too order an actually CD. Although I would like to know how long the expected shipping times would be to say North America, Europe etc.. I guess three to five working days is reasonable but I wouldn’t want to be waiting any longer than that for a cd of 1.1 to arrive. If it’s likely to take longer than a week then I would go with the “VISA Download” option…. I’ve never used paypal and don’t really want too.

OT; Nice gif Ice.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

To Wags

I would prefer a download of ISO file, because then I can burn it on CD or DVD myself.

I also think that VISA paying option would be really great, since I really doubt that I would be able to use PayPal in the Czech Republic.

By the way, what about manual? I haven't noticed that anybody here mentioned it, so will it be available as a part of the original Flaming Cliffs installation or a separate download?

:roll: How will you send back your download? What game exactly do you get a refund on if it doesnt work on your computer? Sigh..... :cry:

Which is why I want further information, don't try to be clever. If it isn't functional on a system where a claim has been made it is, the developers should respect that a refund is necessary. Obviously you can't send back your download. A refund is means reimbursement, not an exchange.

Think you're misunderstand what I'm saying. Game developers, EA games/Valve/ED/ect ect do not give refunds on games....period.You may return a defective product for the same product but no refunds on an open product in which this case a dload is opened goods. Weather or not it runs on your rig is not part of the eula. Game Devs cant controll what kind of crap you put on your pc or if you built your pc who is to say its the game and not your hardware at fault? If you have ever returned any game and got your money back then I'm sure the Best Buy or Walmart or where ever you got the game ended up biting the $30.00-$50.00. Or, the employee of named store got it taken out of his next paycheck for giving your money back. This is just how the gamming business works. Been this way ever since I can remember.

If we could all take back games weather they work or not. Developers would make no money with todays technology of CD/DVD burners.

For those of you with CD burners that still want the CD, what is your primary motivation given that this option will be more expensive and you'll have to wait longer? Curious.

Thanks,

Matt

Just to clarify guys

this post from Wags have stated very clear that you can BURN the downloaded data to a cd or dvd....

so if you have a cd burner or dvd burner you should get the download option and burn it your self ....it will be less expensive and you get 1.1 running in a short time cya

Rodrigo Monteiro

LOCKON 1.12

AMD 3.8 X2 64 2G DDR ATI X1800XT 512

SAITEK X-36

AND VERY SOON TRACKIR-4

I'll gladly go for the download, either VISA or PayPal, but I think it's very nice with a CD shipping option for the many without broadband.

Q for Wags: Will the buyer get some sort of auth-code so we can redownload/reunlock if the dog should eat my CD-R or something?

Payment:

- I can pay with VISA

- I refuse to pay with PayPal

Shipment:

- Download is prefferable (but only if I can burn in to CD/DVD and use as any other software)

- I refuse any activation schemes (M$ Windows activation, or HalfLife steam or any **** like that)

If that's not possible - ordering CD by mail is fine, as well :D .

I hope it helps,

Klopsik

PS.

OMG! OMG! IT'S COMMING SOON!!!

CAN'T WAIT!!!! :wink:

Download, with a VISA payment option. :wink:

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

My problem with PayPal is that it does not allow payments from all countries, only PayPal authorised areas.Which pretty much leaves Trinidad and Tobago, and several other territories out.

Another online payment option is 2checkout.com which does not have this limitation and accepts VISA payments from anywhere. I've integrated 2Checkout with a dynamic magazine website (http://www.macomag.com) and it's really simple to do, more so than PayPal (though I didn't use php). I also believe they support electronic software delivery through their website and a 2Checkout account.

I too would like a hard CD version, even with a download offered. And even if I need to pay seperately for the shipping. There's no guarantee that my 'high speed' connection will be up to the task of downloading 650+ MB file.

Downloading is great, but what about Bandwidth concerns from Europe to the rest of the world? What if everyone that bought the game in the 'West' wants it upon release?

-Gel214th

214th Annihilators

http://www.214th.com/flanker2

I can't and won't use PayPal, so anything other than that. I'd like a further degree of information on PRODCUT SUPPORT and the ability to receive a FULL REFUND if the game still dosn't work.

I'm interested to know what downloadable game offers a full refund if it doesn't work? Actually...I'm interested to know what game company period offers a FULL REFUND if it doesn't work on your machine. Have you ever read one of the EULAs that you agree to upon opening the package and installing these games?

For your benefit,and to put it simply:

assume that there will NOT be a Full Refund if it doesn't work, and NO Guarantee of Product Support.

hmmm...guess you won't be buying it huh.

Mores the pity. :twisted: