• Visa, CD delivery
    • Visa, Download
    • PayPal, CD delivery
    • PayPal, Download

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess, Wags, that you are confirming that it is in a burnable format. Then it's D/L for me.

A couple of questions:

Can you estimate what the size of the D/L will be?

And, what is the reason that some are opposed to PayPal? The only complaints I've heard about are from vendors who have their payments held up, not from buyers. What's the story?

Looking forward to FC..... :D

Thermaltake View 71 Snow, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, i9-9900K Coffee Lake,8core,16 Thread,3.6 GHz, Corsair Vengeance Pro 64 GB, NZXT Kraken X72 AIO CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra Hybrid, Win 10

Other Download sites

I hope it can also be distributed by other web shops based in other countries besides CIS, like Simware (http://www.simw.com).

That way we already have a number of options for payment automatically (by s-mail, download using credit card paypal, money order etc. etc.).

It woud be nice if those shops-websites would be allowed to distribute and send it on CD as well (no-documentation either of course).

I won't send my credit card info over the web. Since I don't use Paypal either

it is the only way I could get FC otherwise.

LockON is IT !

AMD 3500+ - GF6800GT - 1GB RAM low tatency - MSI NEO2 PLatinum

20" BENQ S-IPS TFT 1600X1200 - 32 bit color

VISA

and

CD

or

DOWNLOAD with ability to resume in middle of download and ability to burn to CD

+1 :)

Edit: in any case (broken DL line, crippled mail service,...), will there be an ID number or anything to be able to get the game without paying twice?

"Heroism is the only way to get famous when you got no talent" Pierre Desproges

"Whether fifty millions people say a stupid thing,

it's still a stupid thing." Anatole France

I don't mind whether it comes on CD or as download but I think both should be offered as options since not everyone has broadband and I guess not everyone has a CD burner drive.

HOWEVER - and this point will decide whether or not I actually BUY Flaming Cliffs - I would like to see another method of payment other than PayPal. I don't trust PayPal any further than I could throw their server farm and will never, ever give them my credit or debit card details (read http://paypalsucks.com for any number of reasons why).

Ideally I'd like to see a distribution deal set up with an online reseller who deals with simulation software and equipment and would be happy to pay a few extra Euros to buy through this route but if PayPal is the only option for payment I'm afraid I for one will not purchase FC.

I'm getting the impression that the cd isn't going to be an "official" cd as such. Just your regular burnable type. that being the case I'd be happy to just download it. Visa or Amex is easiest for me.

btw i learnt how to make animating gifs today. just want to show it off this once :-)

panthersSu33.gif

my 2 cents on this topic:

Regarding "burnable" or "non-burnable" download. I don't know a details of actual file format, but it would be either ISO or self-installing EXE, packed or unpacked. In both cases you'll be able to burn that, what you have downloaded, to CD.

I hope ED will not invent another one STEAM and you woudn't have to DL a small installer just to DL a big encrypted datafile then.

but, again - I'm not involved in current betatesting process, so I can't say for sure about type of FC installer file.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

Grrr Ice that sig is killing this dialup connection. takes me 2 minutes on this crap 24.6 connection to load this page. :x

If you must advertise please do it via hyperlink for us who arent on our cable connections so we can view this thread. Tx.

its only 78kb, and its a one off,

have a heart :?

If I'm at Uni with access to my high-speed connection when v1.1 is released, then I'll be happy to download it.

However, if I don't have access to high-speed internet at release . . . . or if I don't for any future addons . . . then mail-ordering a CD would be good :)

I would be prepared to pay the cost of the CD and postage, and I'm not too bothered about the presentation.

If the download is a self extracting exe file that can be burn't to a CD (e.g like the Freefalcon3 addd-on for Falcon 4.0 or any other game patch for that matter), then I don't see what the problem with downloading it is in regards to keeping a backup copy of it.

For the poor sods on dial-up, the download could be split across numerous self extracting rar files or similar. I remember getting a game like this before (can't remember what it was right now though)

The CD option would of course increase production costs, but it is always nice to have some tangible object for your cash-even if it doesn't come in a pretty box.

So much for Перестро́йка (perestroika) huh? In the old days the game would have been released and the comrades would been TOLD how they were getting it....

"Good morning comrade. Here is your borscht, dry bread, oh and here is you LOMAC 1.1 CeeDeeski"

Oh yeah.....

I vote for the download option (but only 'cause I have broadband!)

I would be happy with downloading it. Is there any information on filesize that you can share with us.

Thanks

=RvE=Atomic

Alienware Area-51, Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 3.2GHz, 8gig Corsair XMS2 DDR2 Ram, EVGA SC GTX 570, Western Digital 1.0TB 64mb cache HD. Windows 7 Ultimate 64, Saitek X52 & Saitek Pro Peddals, TrackIR 4 Pro with Track Clip Pro.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can't and won't use PayPal, so anything other than that. I'd like a further degree of information on PRODCUT SUPPORT and the ability to receive a FULL REFUND if the game still dosn't work.

:roll: How will you send back your download? What game exactly do you get a refund on if it doesnt work on your computer? Sigh..... :cry:

For the people who want a CD option I hope this wont slow the release for the people who wish to dload :?:

yeah i bought some cd's from a guy in mosco once and it took forever to get here to the states. Really why would you all need a cd? Im going to burn an iso and forgetaboutit............or maybe we dont trust the download and suspect corruption. Well thats what CRC is for and frames it should all make it alright. I Hope.

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

I can't and won't use PayPal, so anything other than that. I'd like a further degree of information on PRODCUT SUPPORT and the ability to receive a FULL REFUND if the game still dosn't work.

Paypal used to suck and yes im in the class action lawsuit against them and waiting for my 50 bucks as they used to be real pricks........ but times have changed, Ebay bought them and they are much better to deal with. I use paypal all the time.

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

I think download plus ship the CD is the best option. Paypal is fine for me as I have already an account. I just wonder what happens in case of a corrupt download or an interruption during the download process. I am also concerned regarding the bandwith of the Server!!

For those of you with CD burners that still want the CD, what is your primary motivation given that this option will be more expensive and you'll have to wait longer? Curious.

Well, I guess it's to have something tangible that I purchased. A nice printed out copy in hand (maybe even just like the CIS gets, but with the western version on it) feels like you really purchased something.

Of course, I'm very impatient and would want to download on day one as well. :mrgreen:

:roll: How will you send back your download? What game exactly do you get a refund on if it doesnt work on your computer? Sigh..... :cry:

Which is why I want further information, don't try to be clever. If it isn't functional on a system where a claim has been made it is, the developers should respect that a refund is necessary. Obviously you can't send back your download. A refund is means reimbursement, not an exchange.