DTC for DCS - new version 7.2.0 - Apache added

SFJackBauer

DTC for DCS (featuring the Viper, Hornet, Strike Eagle and Apache)

Current version -7.2.0

This is a mod for DCS that works as a DTC (Data Cartridge) for the F-16, F/A-18, F-15E and Apache

- Create and recall presets for each mission / server you fly, or however you want to organize your settings. These are saved in the DCS-DTC folder under Documents
- Upload the settings from a preset to the aircraft
- Enables you to share and receive settings from other people using this mod, either by file or clipboard
- Allows capturing a waypoint coordinate using the F10 view in DCS, or a "markpoint" by flying over a point in the map.

Download from Github:
https://github.com/the-paid-actor/dcs-dtc/releases

Instructions:
https://github.com/the-paid-actor/dcs-dtc/blob/main/README.md

Discord Channel:
https://discord.gg/saCACg99EZ

Thanks to @FireNLD for kindly contributing with the coordinates of airbases for all maps.

Thanks to @Fuzzel, PieterL1976, mzltn, supahfly27 and Tronald for contributing to the code.

Thanks to @Comrade Doge for allowing me to use a portion of his .lua file from his mod TheWay

Edited by SFJackBauer
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 15

Wow.  I will definitely try this out today.  I've been on a Viper kick the past several weeks, even got my Cougar throttle/TUSBA & Cubpilot HS working again and did the DeltaSim slew mod. I was tired of trying to get the Winwing throttle to work well for the Viper's antenna and manual range knobs, and I've stopped using Joystick Gremlin.  I'm back to using only the built-in DCS control programming.

I've been flying a Liberation campaign out of Ramat David.  I think I'll set up comm channels and waypoints for the friendly airbases in theater.

IMG_6072.JPEG

Edited by RogueSqdn
  • Like 4

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

15 minutes ago, GusPT said:

Seems awesome. However my windows is detecting a "virus" in the zip file. Any workaround?

Thank you for the effort!

Which OS build exactly are you using, which antivirus? I'm on 20H2, latest Defender update, no issue...

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

oh excellent, i wonder how this will jibe with EDs supposed plan to implement the DTC?  Also would be nice to see t h is for the Hornet.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Custom files/changes in savedGames/scripts are not deleted with DCS patches, right?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

6 minutes ago, kievbsm said:

The same about the virus for me.
Win 10 Pro
Windows Defender found Trojan:Win32/Ursnif.AD!MTB
Downloaded file was deleted.

You updated Defender just before the download?

Deffinetly looking forward to using this, good effort!

I opened up a feature request - hoping that the app will allow blank ( separator) steerpoints, so that they dont always have to be sequential. This is useful when drawing boundaries for example, using steerpoints. Would also be useful later on when the F16 has the proper waypoint set for lines 1-4 etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kievbsm said:

The same about the virus for me.
Win 10 Pro
Windows Defender found Trojan:Win32/Ursnif.AD!MTB
Downloaded file was deleted.

Interesting. My Windows Defender does not flags it, but other people on Reddit also reported it, and VirusTotal.com reports a malware on 4 out of 67 engines.

Keep in mind this executable was produced by a build on Github itself. If Github is producing malware then, well, god have mercy on us all 🙂

This type of false positive happens on a lot of apps. I will see if I can maybe digitally sign it so it gets recognized as a good guy... I'm more of a web developer myself, not a desktop app one. But if you can, you can always download the code from github and compile it yourself.

Edited by SFJackBauer
  • Like 1

I know you said the video is outdated, but could you give a quick explanation on how to start and start capture of coordinates?  I'm wondering if this is a way to do it without typing them out manually.

Also, is there a way to change the assigned steerpoint number so it doesn't interfere with the mission's flight plan?

Edited by RogueSqdn

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

7 minutes ago, RogueSqdn said:

I know you said the video is outdated, but could you give a quick explanation on how to start and start capture of coordinates?  I'm wondering if this is a way to do it without typing them out manually.

Also, is there a way to change the assigned steerpoint number so it doesn't interfere with the mission's flight plan?

Sure. On Waypoints screen, on "Add Waypoint" you should see a "Start capture" button. If you are on the jet or on the F10 screen, once you click it you should see the coordinate on the textbox there.

On the "Upload to Jet" screen, you can change so that it inputs the waypoints into the jet into a offset. Default is 1 through 20, but lets say you have 5 waypoints already on the jet you dont want to overwrite... you can put in 6 in the "Into" field and it will skip the first 5. But beware there was a bug there, I fixed in the latest version (1.1.0).

1 hour ago, TLicense said:

This is really nice! Thank you for doing this!

One problem, for some reason I can't enter comm 1 frequencies greater than 299.75.

Once again, many thanks for doing this!

No problem man! I fixed this in the latest version (1.1.0).

3 hours ago, SFJackBauer said:

Interesting. My Windows Defender does not flags it, but other people on Reddit also reported it, and VirusTotal.com reports a malware on 4 out of 67 engines.

Keep in mind this executable was produced by a build on Github itself. If Github is producing malware then, well, god have mercy on us all 🙂

This type of false positive happens on a lot of apps. I will see if I can maybe digitally sign it so it gets recognized as a good guy... I'm more of a web developer myself, not a desktop app one. But if you can, you can always download the code from github and compile it yourself.

Just a note. My Win Defender won´t let me open the application, I will try to create an exception in my Windows Defender to see if it let me use the DTC.

EDIT: it worked, it was the only way, or else, it says it a Trojan etc.

Thank you for sharing and excellent work.

Edited by fagulha
  • Thanks 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Thanks for the uploading info. I’m trying to use steerpoints 81-99 and get an unhandled exception error when it tries to upload.

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at DTC.Models.F16Upload.BuildWaypoints(StringBuilder sb, Int32 wptStart, Int32 wptEnd)
   at DTC.Models.F16Upload.Load(Boolean waypoints, Int32 wptStart, Int32 wptEnd, Boolean radios, Boolean cms, Boolean mfds)
   at DTC.UI.F16.UploadToJetPage.btnUpload_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4400.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
DTC
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Games/DCS/Mods/F-16C/DTC/DCS-DTC-1.0.0/DTC.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4360.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4390.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Newtonsoft.Json
    Assembly Version: 13.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 13.0.1.25517
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Games/DCS/Mods/F-16C/DTC/DCS-DTC-1.0.0/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4250.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Data
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4270.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Edited by RogueSqdn

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Thanks, that seems to have covered it.

Am I to understand that we can now create killboxes in the DTC by skipping a STPT?  Cool!

I was about to report that the CMDS wouldn't upload correctly, but then realized I was loading the DTC before the CMDS was turned on.  After doing that, it worked.  😅

I look forward to other theater's airbases being added.  What I did in the meantime was to add the touchdown points of every friendly base runway in my Liberation campaign, so if a base has no ILS and the weather's bad, I can still find my way home.  👍

Edited by RogueSqdn

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Also i tried to upload into jet and i get this exception

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:43001
   at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient..ctor(String hostname, Int32 port)
   at DTC.Models.F16Upload.Load(Boolean waypoints, Int32 wptStart, Int32 wptEnd, Boolean radios, Boolean cms, Boolean mfds)
   at DTC.UI.F16.UploadToJetPage.btnUpload_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
DTC
    Assembly Version: 1.2.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.2.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Eagle%20Dynamics/DCS-DTC-1.2.0/DTC.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4360.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Newtonsoft.Json
    Assembly Version: 13.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 13.0.1.25517
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Eagle%20Dynamics/DCS-DTC-1.2.0/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4250.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Data
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4270.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I'm happy to report that this does indeed work in VR for uploading.  I had to ALT TAB so VR was out of focus and I could then do the upload.

I haven't tried the map in VR... I think it may only work in 2D.  If so, you'd probably have to load your mission first and plan what steerpoints you want to create, save them in the DTC, and then relaunch DCS in VR.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

21 minutes ago, JB3DG said:

Will a DTC get created for the F-18 at some point as well?

ED has said it will come for the Hornet.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

26 minutes ago, Mower said:

ED has said it will come for the Hornet.

And for the Viper too. But i think he was refering to this application created by SFJackBauer

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.