Getting placed cold on catapult and can not launch because wheel chocks are not removable

FalcoGer

Sometimes you get placed in a cold jet on the catapult, hooked in and with the wheel chocks on. Sometimes even on catapult 3 or 4, blocking the landing strip until you started up. In the F18 I was placed on the catapult on multiple occasions (multiplayer) and the wheel chocks are on. Asking the ground crew to remove them results in an "unable". Saluting results in the deck crew signalling ready but then nothing happens, even at full throttle. You can not unhook yourself from the catapult in anyway. So now you're stuck on the catapult forever until you get a new jet.

You should not be placed cold on the catapult. If you're placed on the catapult (hot only please) it should not be with chocks on. There should be an option to abort the launch at any stage and have the crew unhook you.

Edited by FalcoGer

• FalcoGer changed the title to Getting placed cold on catapult and can not launch because wheel chocks are not removable
  • 2 weeks later...

I know this is annoying but the workaround is when you respawn, make sure to return to spectator before selecting a new slot. That way you won't spawn on any cat.

IIRC I was able to remove the chocks after unhook the launch bar. You can try that too if you don't wish to return to spectator first.

I've seen it for the last few months.

Steps to reproduce.

1.  Join MP server.

2. Select Hornet slot, start and launch for mission as per usual.

3. Die.

4. Respawn.

At this point, I generally find myself attached to the cat with chocks in place and there is nothing to do but re-slot.  Admittedly I haven't tried it in the current OB patch, but prior to that it was a pretty regular occurrence for myself and many I fly with.