Engine failure

Pampi

I am getting random engine overheating and failure after just a couple of minutes even with the radiators open only manage to taxi a short distance then the motor stops. Temps ok but the debrief states engine overheated and failed?

Was ok before last patch. Anyone else seeing this?

• ED Team

please include a track replay example showing the issue, the team will take a look.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Lost both engines on the way home to Manston earlier this as evening…

Starboard engine packed up over the French coast, but with a decent amount of speed and altitude I figured I could easily get home 

Port engine gave up a few miles off Ramagate… feathered and attempted to glide in, but ran out of altitude about paddling distance off the Ramsgate harbour wall 🙄

Can’t complain though - had been properly peppered by flak at a V1 site… bomb aiming must be improving as the launch ramp was well and truly destroyed👍

As for the V1s themselves, damn those things are quick - four went whizzing past the other way as we were inbound

5 minutes ago, rkk01 said:

Lost both engines on the way home to Manston earlier this as evening…

Starboard engine packed up over the French coast, but with a decent amount of speed and altitude I figured I could easily get home 

Port engine gave up a few miles off Ramagate… feathered and attempted to glide in, but ran out of altitude about paddling distance off the Ramsgate harbour wall 🙄

Can’t complain though - had been properly peppered by flak at a V1 site… bomb aiming must be improving as the launch ramp was well and truly destroyed👍

As for the V1s themselves, damn those things are quick - four went whizzing past the other way as we were inbound

And you havent post a track?

• Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 9:48 PM, Doc3908 said:

If you are taxing on a dirt strip (e.g. on the Normandy map), you should also flip the filter switch next to radiator switches. Not necessary on paved runways, but helped me on dirt runways (never overheated again while taxing).

Is this even simulated on dirt strips?

10 minutes ago, felixx75 said:

Is this even simulated on dirt strips?

Don't know, but every time I took off from a Normandy dirt strip, my left engine started smoking. I've tried a few times with the filter open and never had an issue. Could be just random... Only ED can confirm.