First Impressions / Feedback

StevanJ

Firstly, Thankyou for the addition of touch control support.
This was a very welcome suprise to load this up into VR and be able to grab the controls and actually enjoy my first flight in the Mosquito.

TL/DR; If you buy any Warbird, Buy the Mosquito

Im gonna end on a high, so ill start with the negatives..

The instant missions NEED to have some indication which missions require the asset pack. Even I didnt know, the AP was being used in the Instant Missions..
A new player was doing everything he could - running repairs, reinstalling the game, reinstalling individual modules, because he couldnt figure out why some of his Warbird Instant Missions werent starting up.
Its because youve installed the asset pack into some missions, and did not tell anyone or mark those missions, as Asset Pack required.

I really need you to understand how much that effects a new players first impression, after ive told them to spend their money on a Map and the Mosquito, and he's trying and failing to jump into instant missions for the first time, he's having a really bad experience and not realising that all he needs is the Asset Pack to run them.
It matters that they are in the instant action menu, as youve not at least told new players that some missions require the asset pack youve just stuck them in there almost secretly and its problematic.
Just add an 'AP' label to the missions. No one minds them being there, but mark them so new players know and Problem solved..
No more issues.

Please dont stamp them in the instant action menu and expect the new players to know the missions wont work without it, they dont have a great time when they cant figure out why those missions arent loading. Its put new players off the Warbird game.

The Flak is a killer in this module. Seriously, and overwhelmingly a killer. And its effect on the gameplay doesnt feel positive.
I know youre tweaking it, but it needs a kick, not a tweak.
The Mosquito is a big bug, and in any of the missions where there are even the smallest amount of Flak, Im not getting very far, before im being wiped out from miles away.
Give us a 'super dumb' difficulty for the AI, otherwise i might as well turn it off..

Update the comms while we wait for the the new ATC.
Please give us the ability to 'mute' any variation of the same American voice we all share for the ATC in the comms menu, Hearing the constant 'Enfield 1-1' reminds me im in the same simulator where i can fly an FA18 only minutes away, and i want the feeling i get from flying the Mosquito to stay with me for longer while im in the game.
Pay Suntsag to provide and replace the voices for all British Warbirds, he's the perfect candidate.

Thats it.

On a positive, this is THE best WW2 module Ive bought, and its brand new so i cant imagine how its going to get better, But everyone is raving about it..
And alot of people are jumping on the Mosquito, So credit owed where credit is due.
The feeling of flying this thing, is overwhemingly positive and was even a little emotional for my grandad when i turned up with my Laptop and an Oculus.
He's even thinking of buying a computer- Just for this module!
It feels cramped, stubborn, and all in all a mature experience that really binds with the feeling that WW2 was a vicious and dangerous time to be in, I absolutely love it..
Just chugging along in this thing is a wonderful way in which to pass the time, it sounds phenomenal, looks the business, and has set the bar for WW2 flight simulation.
I cannot find the superlatives to describe just how good this module is, The history of the mosquito is felt right here in this module.

Good Job.

Edited by StevanJ
  • Like 3