F/A-18C Coming back to the Corp!

mytai01

Due to shortages, the USMC is bringing back some F/A-18C's and upgrading them to F/A-18C+ 

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

That video is from five years ago. The jet's were lot 10 and 11 C's and all were scheduled for delivery between 2016 and 2018. In the end only about 19 (of the originally projected 30) were delivered and the majority of those went to the JRB Fort Worth bases VMFA-112. The F/A-18A+ jets operated by VMFA-112 were redistributed to the active fleet or retired due to airframe flight hour timeout.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

The Navy has transitioned over to the E/F completely, VFA-147 and VFA-97 at Lemoore NAS are transitioning to the F-35's with more squadrons to follow.  The only people we supported for the F/A-18C/D was the USMC. (Boeing's Avionics Repair Facility) So from all of those Navy squadrons that had freshly overhauled planes (F/A-18C/D) those went to the Marines, they will be flying them for a while until the F-35B and C's are built for them.  I'm glad I retired when I did, before they were all gone, I would of been looking for a job...... .

Hoss

Sempre Fortis

Ops! I forgot to check the date on that one, but a plus version sounds interesting. I wonder if anything was done that would be noticeable in DCS's Hornet?

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

4 hours ago, mytai01 said:

Ops! I forgot to check the date on that one, but a plus version sounds interesting. I wonder if anything was done that would be noticeable in DCS's Hornet?

The C+ was intended to bring the earlier lot 10-11 airframes more in line capability wise with later lot Hornets like the lot 20 we already have in DCS. Asking for a C+ in DCS is asking for a very slightly downgraded version of what we already have. Lot 10-11 jets as originally built did not have things like JHMCS, APG-73 or MIDS. A production standard A or lot 10-11  C would be a better candidate for a DCS Module due to them simply not having all the 21st century upgrades. They were true Cold War aircraft.

• Like 1

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

The Navy has transitioned over to the E/F completely, VFA-147 and VFA-97 at Lemoore NAS are transitioning to the F-35's with more squadrons to follow.  The only people we supported for the F/A-18C/D was the USMC. (Boeing's Avionics Repair Facility) So from all of those Navy squadrons that had freshly overhauled planes (F/A-18C/D) those went to the Marines, they will be flying them for a while until the F-35B and C's are built for them.  I'm glad I retired when I did, before they were all gone, I would of been looking for a job...... .

Hoss
Any chance you know in what OFP the VMF/DCS CAS format was added?

Mobius708