Free Flight on Channel Map

Hiob

I think the Instant Action mission needs to be tweaked.

When spawning into the mission you are in a 3-ship formation with two AI-Mossies.

Problem is, even if I put my throttle to idle immedietly I close up and eventually pass them.

I'm unable to match my speed with them without banking in an s-curve.

I think the AI flies unreasonable slow....

If I'm just to dumb to fly the Mosquito properly (which is a very valid possibility), please tell me what I'm doing wrong...

edit: RPM is set to 2400, which is the proper value for cruise flight, if I'm not mistaken. Cowls are open, bomb bay and gear closed/retracted, flaps retracted.

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 1

The AI flying routine is somewhat asinine, there's no getting away from it.

• Like 1

- 'The Dog's Rollocks' - [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] is a water cooled behemoth :

i9 9900K@5GHz/RTX 2080Ti/32 Gb 3600MHz RAM/M.2 NVMe onboard drives/System driving Pimax 5K Plus/TM Warthog/MFG Crosswind/Gametrix Jetseat

Yes, but I think, this can be easily solved in the mission editor.

I can do it myself, but with the next update it will overwrite it again - therefore I'd like to ask ED to tweak it.

The underlying issue of course is the AI-FM, which allows this in the first place. Regardless of how simplified the calculations are, there should be hard boundaries to the possible flight envelope and energy state. But that's another topic.

All I'd like to ask here is to either correct the IA-Missions or give me a hint on how to fly so slow.... (with a clean aircraft)

Also, the Mossie free flight mission takes like 2-3 minutes to load up for some reason (I only have the Caucasus version).

All the other missions are instant-loading, but not this one.

Anybody else notice this?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Setup: Vive Pro 2, RTX 3090, I7-11700K, VKB Gladiator II/K conversion, TWCS, TPR pedals, PlaySeat, SimShaker, VoiceAttack

^ Yes, there's a relevant thread about in the bugs&problems section. It's related to a general DCS bug with certain units causing long loading times - apparently the issue was reported, so one can only wait for a fix, or not waste time on flying this particular mission.

• Thanks 2

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 3 weeks later...