Has anyone noticed?

StevanJ
Go to solution Solved by NineLine,

Here I thought I was seeing things I wanted to see. Glad I’m not the only one.

1 hour ago, Enduro14 said:

Wags on a youtube reply about this said they the new infantry have been in dcs awhile unless i miss understood him.  

Hey @Wags, any chance we can get clarification. Is this true? Thanks!

• Like 1

If speed is death…, buy a Honda and live forever.

Just now, Tank50us said:

The one thing I'm starting to notice is that we're getting plenty of videos, but no "Pre-order now!" videos, and it's got me a but suspicious...

I'm kinda hoping for a pre-order tomorrow, now that the Mosquito is out of the way, and with all the teaser videos released... I'm hoping tomorrow is the day. It'll be the last step out of the way before release!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jetguy06 said:

I'm kinda hoping for a pre-order tomorrow, now that the Mosquito is out of the way, and with all the teaser videos released... I'm hoping tomorrow is the day. It'll be the last step out of the way before release!!

Or maybe.... nah.... it's nuts....

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tank50us said:

The one thing I'm starting to notice is that we're getting plenty of videos, but no "Pre-order now!" videos, and it's got me a but suspicious...

That doesn't mean anything. Just beware that a preorder does not guarantee any kind of release date window. Don't worry, if you're anxious to give ED your money you will get your chance soon enough. 

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

13 hours ago, StevanJ said:

Am i right in thinking these are new ground units?
Im talking about the infantry at these two moments..

As Wags and Nineline have said, this is nothing new. We currently have two different types of infantry models in DCS. Some infatry units still use the old model, which looks rather stiff and robotic (the US rifleman and M249 solder would be examples of this) and then there are infantry units that use the new model (the middle eastern rebels are such an example) which has much more realistic movement animations and looks much more alive.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

19 hours ago, Stratos said:

And the trucks at 0:20??

Looks to be the ZIL-135 that we've had for a short while now.

Unsure what the other truck is.

At 0:25 though the truck nearest the buildings on the left could be new (the one next to the BM-21), but it might not be, though ED did tease this and this in the 3rd of May 2019 newsletter (as well as the new ATZ-5-4320, that was implemented in DCS 2.7.1.6430).

*Side note, contrary to what the newsletters and images describes them as, these are actually all Ural-4320 based, not Ural-375 based. This includes the ATZ-5 and AA-7.

• Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.